Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 297306, 3 pages
Use of the Bonfils Intubation Fiberscope in Patients with Limited Mouth Opening
1Anesthesia Department, HMC-Weill Cornell Medical College, P.O. Box 24144, Doha, Qatar
2Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Section, Department of Emergency, G.B. Morgagni-Pierantoni Hospital, viale Forlanini 34, 47100 Forlì, Italy
Received 6 June 2012; Accepted 2 August 2012
Academic Editors: S. Faenza and E. W. Nielsen
Copyright © 2012 Nabil A. Shollik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Caplan, J. L. Benumof, F. A. Berry et al., “Practice guidelines for management of the difficult airway: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Management of the Difficult Airway,” Anesthesiology, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 1269–1277, 2003.
- A. Ovassapian, S. J. Yelich, M. H. M. Dykes, and E. E. Brunner, “Fiberoptic nasotracheal intubation—incidence and causes of failure,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 692–695, 1983.
- J. E. Mazères, A. Lefranc, C. Cropet et al., “Evaluation of the Bonfils intubating fibrescope for predicted difficult intubation in awake patients with ear, nose and throat cancer,” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 646–650, 2011.
- C. Rudolph, A. Henn-Beilharz, R. Gottschall, J. Wallenborn, and L. Schaffranietz, “The unanticipated difficult intubation. Rigid or flexible endoscope?” Minerva Anestesiologica, vol. 73, no. 11, pp. 567–574, 2007.
- A. Webb, H. Kolawole, S. Leong, T. E. Loughnan, T. Crofts, and C. Bowden, “Comparison of the Bonfils and Levitan optical stylets for tracheal intubation: a clinical study,” Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1093–1097, 2011.