- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 407539, 2 pages
Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy Responsive to Sympathetic Nerve Blockade and Oral Clonidine
Department of Anesthesia, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Received 23 April 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editors: U. Buyukkocak, S. K. Dube, T. Ho, T. Horiguchi, C.-H. Hsing, and B. Tan
Copyright © 2012 Jenna L. Walters et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. C. Hughes, “Peripheral neuropathy,” British Medical Journal, vol. 324, no. 7335, pp. 466–469, 2002.
- H. Azhary, M. U. Farooq, M. Bhanushali, A. Majid, and M. Y. Kassab, “Peripheral neuropathy: differential diagnosis and management,” American Family Physician, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 887–892, 2010.
- S. Abdi, Y. Zhou, N. Patel, B. Saini, and J. Nelson, “A new and easy technique to block the stellate ganglion,” Pain Physician, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 327–331, 2004.
- N. Mekhail and O. Malak, “Lumbar sympathetic blockade,” Techniques in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 99–101, 2001.
- R. A. Boas, “Sympathetic nerve blocks: in search of a role,” Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 292–305, 1998.
- M. Elas, “Cervical sympathetic and stellate ganglion blocks,” Pain Physician, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 294–304, 2000.
- M. Tryba and M. Gehling, “Clonidine—a potent analgesic adjuvant,” Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 511–517, 2002.