Case Reports in Anesthesiology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 716756, 3 pages
Pycnodysostosis: An Anaesthetic Approach to This Rare Genetic Disorder
1Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, S. N. Medical College, Agra, India
2Department of Orthopaedics, S. N. Medical College, Agra, India
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editors: A. Apan, E. Farag, A. Han, C.-H. Hsing, E. W. Nielsen, and D. A. Story
Copyright © 2013 Rajeev Puri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Krane and A. L. Schiller, “Hyperostosis, fibrous dysplasia, and other dysplasias of bone and cartilage,” in Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, A. S. Fauci, E. Braunwald, K. J. Isselbacher, et al., Eds., pp. 2269–2275, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- K. W. Fleming, G. Barest, and O. Sakai, “Dental and facial bone abnormalities in pyknodysostosis: CT findings,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 132–134, 2007.
- Q. Mujawar, R. Naganoor, H. Patil, A. N. Thobbi, S. Ukkali, and N. Malagi, “Pycnodysostosis with unusual findings: a case report,” Cases Journal, vol. 2, no. 7, p. 6544, 2009.
- S. Kiran, M. Goel, P. Singhal, M. K. Goel, and R. Gupta, “Pyknodysostosis: anaesthetic considerations-a case report,” The Internet Journal of Anesthesiology, vol. 21, no. 2, p. 13, 2009.
- P. Beighton, F. Horan, and H. Hamersma, “A review of the osteopetroses,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 53, no. 622, pp. 507–516, 1977.
- Z. S. Kundu, K. M. Marya, S. Magu, S. Rohilla, and V. Yadav, “Radiological quiz-musculoskeletal: pyknodysostosis,” Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 435–436, 2002.
- R. J. Bathi and V. N. Masur, “Pyknodysostosis-a report of two cases with a brief review of the literature,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 439–442, 2000.
- C. M. Jones, J. S. Rennie, and A. S. Blinkhorn, “Pycnodysostosis. A review of reported dental abnormalities and a report of the dental findings in two cases.,” British dental journal, vol. 164, no. 7, pp. 218–220, 1988.
- D. Wolfgang, Radiology Review Manual, Wolters Kluwer Health, New Delhi, India, 6th edition, 2007.
- G. Motyckova and D. E. Fisher, “Pycnodysostosis: role and regulation of cathepsin K in osteoclast function and human disease,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 407–421, 2002.