- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 654839, 5 pages
Stafne Bone Defect: Report of Two Cases
1Pedodonti Ana Bilim Dalı, Dişhekimliği Fakültesi, İstanbul Medipol Üniversitesi,
34083 Fatih, Turkey
2Diş ve Çene Radyolojisi Anabilim Dalı, Dişhekimliği Fakültesi Ağız, İstanbul Medipol Üniversitesi, 34083 Fatih, Turkey
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editors: A. C. B. Delbem, A. Markopoulos, and A. Milosevic
Copyright © 2012 A. P. Münevveroğlu and K. C. Aydın. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. C. Stafne, “Bone cavities situated near the angle of the mandible,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 29, pp. 1969–1972, 1942.
- P. S. Campos, J. A. C. Oliveira, J. A. Dantas et al., “Stafne's defect with Buccal cortical expansion: a case report,” International Journal of Dentistry, vol. 2010, Article ID 515931, 3 pages, 2010.
- O. Dereci and S. Duran, “Intraorally exposed anterior Stafne bone defect: a case report,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. e1–e3, 2012.
- K. Turkoglu and K. Orhan, “Stafne bone cavity in the anterior mandible,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1769–1775, 2010.
- Y. Segev, M. Puterman, and L. Bodner, “Stafne bone cavity-magnetic resonance imaging.,” Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. E345–347, 2006.
- B. F. Branstetter, J. L. Weissman, and S. B. Kaplan, “Imaging of a Stafne bone cavity: what MR adds and why a new name is needed,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 587–589, 1999.
- L. B. V. Aguiar, F. S. Neves, L. C. Bastos, I. Crusoé-Rebello, G. M. B. Ambrosano, and P. S. F. Campos, “Multiple Stafne bone defects: a rare entity,” ISRN Dentistry, vol. 2011, Article ID 792145, 3 pages, 2011.
- T. J. Grellner, D. E. Frost, and R. B. Brannon, “Lingual mandibular bone defect: report of three cases,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 288–296, 1990.
- C. Quesada-Gómez, E. Valmaseda-Castellón, L. Berini-Aytés, and C. Gay-Escoda, “Stafne bone cavity: a retrospective study of 11 cases.,” Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. E277–280, 2006.
- E. L. Layne, A. F. Morgan, and T. H. Morton Jr, “Anterior lingual mandibular bone concavity: report of case,” Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 599–600, 1981.
- M. Şahin, S. Görgün, and O. Güven, “Stafne kemik kavitesi,” Türkiye Klinikleri Journal of Dental Sciences, vol. 11, pp. 39–42, 2005.
- H. P. Philipsen, T. Takata, P. A. Reichart, S. Sato, and Y. Suei, “Lingual and buccal mandibular bone depressions: a review based on 583 cases from a world-wide literature survey, including 69 new cases from Japan,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 281–290, 2002.
- C. A. Boyle, K. Horner, P. Coulthard, and G. J. Fleming, “Multiple Stafne bone cavities: a diagnostic dilemma.,” Dental Update, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 494–497, 2000.
- M. Dorman and D. Pierse, “Ectopic salivary gland tissue in the anterior mandible: a case report,” British Dental Journal, vol. 193, no. 10, pp. 571–572, 2002.
- A. de Courten, R. Küffer, J. Samson, and T. Lombardi, “Anterior lingual mandibular salivary gland defect (Stafne defect) presenting as a residual cyst,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 460–464, 2002.
- G. R. Barker, “Xeroradiography in relation to a stafne bone cavity,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 32–35, 1988.
- I. Reuter, “An unusual case of Stafne bone cavity with extra-osseous course of the mandibular neurovascular bundle,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 189–191, 1998.
- S. Prapanpoch and R. P. Langlais, “Lingual cortical defect of the mandible: an unusual presentation and tomographic diagnosis,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 234–237, 1994.
- K. Tonigana, Y. Kuga, K. Kubota, and T. Ohba, “Stafne's bone cavity in the anterior mandible,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 19, pp. 28–30, 1990.
- V. J. Oikarinen, J. Wolf, and M. Julku, “A sterosialographic study of developmental mandibular bone defects (Stafne's idiopathic bone cavities),” International Journal of Oral Surgery, vol. 4, pp. 51–54, 1975.