- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 969238, 4 pages
Late Developing Supernumerary Premolars: Reports of Two Cases
1Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd 89195/165, Iran
2Private Practice, Yazd 89195/165, Iran
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editors: A. Epivatianos and A. Markopoulos
Copyright © 2013 Soghra Yassaei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Primosch, “Anterior supernumerary teeth—assessment and surgical intervention in children,” Pediatric Dentistry, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 204–215, 1981.
- J. D. Smith, “Hyperdontia: report of case,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 1191–1192, 1969.
- J. F. Liu, “Characteristics of premaxillary supernumerary teeth: a survey of 112 cases,” ASDC Journal of Dentistry for Children, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 262–265, 1995.
- G. S. Taylor, “Characteristics of supernumerary teeth in the primary and permanent dentition,” The Dental Practitioner and Dental Record, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 203–208, 1972.
- A. H. Brook, “A unifying aetiological explanation for anomalies of human tooth number and size,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 373–378, 1984.
- E. C. Stafne, “Supernumerary teeth,” Dental Cosmos, vol. 74, pp. 653–659, 1932.
- P. Abhishek, M. Kundabala, D. Marisha, M. Mandakini, and S. Manuel, “Management of supernumerary teeth,” Journal of Conservative Dentistry, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 221–224, 2011.
- M. M. Nazif, R. C. Ruffalo, and T. Zullo, “Impacted supernumerary teeth: a survey of 50 cases,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 201–204, 1983.
- H. Grahnen and B. Lindahl, “Supernumerary teeth in the permanent dentition: a frequency study,” Odontologisk Revy, vol. 12, pp. 290–294, 1961.
- S. Masih, H. S. Sethi, N. Singh, and A. M. Thomas, “Differential expressions of bilaterally unerupted supernumerary teeth,” Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 320–322, 2011.
- M. I. Leco-Berrocal, J. F. Martín-Morales, and J. M. Martínez-González, “An observational study of the frequency of supernumerary teeth in a population of 2000 patients,” Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 134–138, 2007.
- H. U. Brauer, “Case report: non-syndromic multiple supernumerary teeth localized by cone beam computed tomography,” European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 41–43, 2010.
- G. A. Morgan, P. R. Morgan, and S. A. Crouch, “Recurring mandibular supplemental premolars,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 501–504, 1970.
- J. J. Breckon and S. P. Jones, “Late forming supernumeraries in the mandibular premolar region,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 20, no. 4, p. 375, 1993.
- S. M. Cochrane, J. R. Clark, and N. P. Hunt, “Late developing supernumerary teeth in the mandible,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 293–296, 1997.
- N. Gibson, “A late developing mandibular premolar supernumerary tooth,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 51–52, 2001.
- K. Gunduz and M. Muglali, “Non-syndrome multiple supernumerary teeth: a case report,” Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 81–87, 2007.
- J. H. Scott and N. B. B. Symons, Introduction to Dental Anomaly, Churchill Livingstone, London, UK, 5th edition, 1967.
- M. L. Kantor, C. S. Bailey, and E. J. J. Burkes, “Duplication of the premolar dentition,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 62–64, 1988.
- L. K. Rubenstein, S. J. Lindauer, R. J. Isaacson, and N. Germane, “Development of supernumerary premolars in an orthodontic population,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 392–395, 1991.
- F. C. Loh and J. F. Yeo, “Paramolar with bifid crown,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 257–258, 1993.
- E. Nunes, I. G. de Moraes, P. M. de Novaes, and S. M. de Sousa, “Bilateral fusion of mandibular second molars with supernumerary teeth: case report,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 137–141, 2002.
- I. Bodin, P. Julin, and M. Thomsson, “Hyperodontia. I. Frequency and distribution of supernumerary teeth among 21,609 patients,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 15–17, 1978.