- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 129138, 3 pages
Cutaneous Silicone Granuloma Mimicking Breast Cancer after Ruptured Breast Implant
Department of Plastic Surgery, Breast Surgery and Burn Care, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 copenhagen, Denmark
Received 11 November 2011; Accepted 30 December 2011
Academic Editor: K. Jimbow
Copyright © 2011 Waseem Asim Ghulam El-Charnoubi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. R. Hölmich, S. Friis, J. P. Fryzek et al., “Incidence of silicone breast implant rupture,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 138, no. 7, pp. 801–806, 2003.
- M. J. Duffy and J. E. Woods, “Health risks of failed silicone gel breast implants: a 30-year clinical experience,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 295–299, 1994.
- P. Hedén, J. Jernbeck, and M. Hober, “Breast augmentation with anatomical cohesive gel implants: the world's largest current experience,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 531–552, 2001.
- L. Winer, T. H. Sternberg, and R. Lehman, “Tissue Reaction injected silicone liquids,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 588–593, 1964.
- C. Y. Ahn and W. W. Shaw, “Regional silicone-gel migration in patients with ruptured implants,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 201–208, 1994.
- B. H. Woodard, S. I. Rosenberg, R. Farnham, and D. O. Adams, “Incidence and nature of primary granulomatous inflammation in surgically removed material,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 119–129, 1982.
- E. D. Austad, “Breast implant-related silicone granulomas: the literature and the litigation,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 1724–1730, 2002.
- W. Peters, D. Smith, V. Fornasier, S. Lugowski, and D. Ibanez, “An outcome analysis of 100 women after explantation of silicone gel breast implants,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 9–19, 1997.
- L. Garrido, B. Pfleiderer, M. Papisov, and J. L. Ackerman, “In vivo degradation of silicones,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 839–843, 1993.
- W. D. Travis, K. Balogh, and J. L. Abraham, “Silicone granulomas: report of three cases and review of the literature,” Human Pathology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 19–27, 1985.
- S. S. Teuber, L. K. Ito, M. Anderson, and M. E. Gershwin, “Silicone breast implant-associated scarring dystrophy of the arm,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 54–56, 1995.
- J. R. Sanger, H. S. Matloub, N. J. Yousif, and R. Komorowski, “Silicone gel infiltration of a peripheral nerve and constrictive neuropathy following rupture of a breast prosthesis,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 949–952, 1992.
- A. Dragu, D. Theegarten, A. D. Bach et al., “Intrapulmonary and cutaneous siliconomas after silent silicone breast implant failure,” The Breast Journal, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 496–499, 2009.