- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 838904, 2 pages
Acute Otitis due to Vibrio fluvialis after Swimming
1Department of Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, 201, Taikang Village, Liouying, Township, Tainan 736, Taiwan
2Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Chi Mei Medical Center, 201, Taikang Village, Liouying, Township, Tainan 736, Taiwan
Received 22 February 2012; Accepted 26 April 2012
Academic Editors: R. Rajani and M. Sand
Copyright © 2012 Ping-Jen Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. J. Lin, C. T. Chiu, D. Y. Lin, I. S. Sheen, and J. M. Lien, “Non-O1 Vibrio cholerae bacteremia in patients with cirrhosis: 5-Yr experience from a single medical center,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 336–340, 1996.
- W. C. Ko, Y. C. Chuang, G. C. Huang, and S. Y. Hsu, “Infections due to non-O1 Vibrio cholerae in southern Taiwan: predominance in cirrhotic patients,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 774–780, 1999.
- Y. C. Chuang, C. Y. Yuan, C. Y. Liu, C. K. Lan, and A. H. M. Huang, “Vibrio vulnificus infection in Taiwan: report of 28 cases and review of clinical manifestations and treatment,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 271–276, 1992.
- A. L. Furniss, J. V. Lee, and T. J. Donovan, “Group F, a new Vibrio?” The Lancet, vol. 2, no. 8037, pp. 565–566, 1977.
- S. F. Altekruse, R. D. Bishop, L. M. Baldy et al., “Vibrio gastroenteritis in the US Gulf of Mexico region: the role of raw oysters,” Epidemiology and Infection, vol. 124, no. 3, pp. 489–495, 2000.
- L. E. C. Rodríguez, S. P. Monroy, L. Morier et al., “Severe otitis due to Vibrio fluvialis in a patient with AIDS: first report in the world,” Revista Cubana de Medicina Tropical, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 154–155, 2005.