- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 845198, 2 pages
An Unusual Presentation of Ovarian Teratoma: A Case Report
Department of General Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Received 12 February 2012; Accepted 12 April 2012
Academic Editors: W. D. Grant, S. Limmer, and V. Papadopoulos
Copyright © 2012 Seema Khanna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. G. Giustini, S. Sohn, and H. Khosravi, “Pelvic abscess and perforation of the sigmoid colon by a segment of benign cystic teratoma: an unusual complication of induced abortion,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 291–292, 1978.
- J. T. Comerci Jr., F. Licciardi, P. A. Bergh, C. Gregori, and J. L. Breen, “Mature cystic teratoma: a clinicopathologic evaluation of 517 cases and review of the literature,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 22–28, 1994.
- V. Upadhye, S. Gujral, A. Maheshwari, R. Wuntkal, S. Gupta, and H. Tongaonkar, “Benign cystic teratoma of ovary perforating into small intestine with coexistent typhoid fever,” Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 216–217, 2005.
- A. R. von-Walter and R. S. Nelken, “Benign cystic ovarian teratoma with a fistula into the small and large bowel,” Obstetrics & Gynecology, vol. 119, part 2, no. 2, pp. 434–436, 2012.
- D. D. Landmann and R. W. Lewis, “Benign cystic ovarian teratoma with colorectal involvement: report of a case and review of the literature,” Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 809–813, 1988.
- S. A. Livesey, P. C. Conn, and D. C. Dunn, “Benign cystic teratoma of the ovary rupturing into the rectum: a rare problem,” British Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 77–79, 1989.
- E. Farkouh, M. Allard, and J. G. Paquin, “Benign solid teratoma of the ovary with rupture into the rectum,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 77–78, 1982.
- K. K. Deodhar, P. Suryawanshi, M. Shah, B. Rekhi, and R. F. Chinoy, “Immature teratoma of the ovary: a clinicopathological study of 28 cases,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 730–735, 2011.