- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 586056, 2 pages
Severe Hypothyroidism Causing Pre-Eclampsia-Like Syndrome
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
2Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Received 2 February 2012; Accepted 3 April 2012
Academic Editors: C. Capella and A. Sahdev
Copyright © 2012 Annalisa Inversetti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Alfadda and M. Tamilia, “Preeclampsia-like syndrome that is associated with severe hypothyroidism in a 20-week pregnant woman,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 5, pp. 1723–1724, 2004.
- F. Mecacci, E. Parretti, R. Cioni et al., “Thyroid autoimmunity and its association with non-organ-specific antibodies and subclinical alterations of thyroid function in women with a history of pregnancy loss or preeclampsia,” Journal of Reproductive Immunology, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 39–50, 2000.
- S. Stabouli, S. Papakatsika, and V. Kotsis, “Hypothyroidism and hypertension,” Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 1559–1565, 2010.
- R. Negro and J. H. Mestman, “Thyroid disease in pregnancy,” Best Practice & Research: Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 927–943, 2011.
- S. Patel, S. Robinson, R. J. Bidgood, and C. J. Edmonds, “A pre-eclamptic-like syndrome associated with hypothyroidism during pregnancy,” Quarterly Journal of Medicine, vol. 79, no. 289, pp. 435–441, 1991.
- R. Gilles, et al., “Thyroid function in patients with proteinuria,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 483–485, 2008.
- V. Chandurkar, J. Shik, and E. Randell, “Exacerbation of underlying hypothyroidism caused by proteinuria and induction of urinary thyroxine loss: case report and subsequent investigation,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 97–103, 2008.
- A. Milanesi and G. A. Brent, “Management of hypothyroidism in pregnancy,” Current Opinion in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 304–309, 2011.