- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 793753, 3 pages
Spontaneous Resolution of Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Parathyroid Adenoma
1Department of Pharmacy Practice, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, 106 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
2The Endocrine Group, LLP, Albany, NY 12206, USA
Received 24 September 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editors: K. Iida, L. Mastrandrea, and Y. Moriwaki
Copyright © 2012 Sara J. Micale et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- AACE/AAES Task Force on Primary Hyperparathyroidism, “The American association of clinical endocrinologists and the american association of endocrine surgeons position statement on the diagnosis and management of primary hyperparathyroidism,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 49–54, 2005.
- F. Cetani, E. Ambrogini, P. Faviana et al., “Spontaneous short-term remission of primary hyperparathyroidism from infarction of a parathyroid adenoma,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 687–690, 2004.
- E. H. Norris, “Primary hyperparathyroidism,” Arch Pathology, vol. 42, pp. 261–273, 1946.
- C. T. Wootten and E. A. Orzeck, “Spontaneous remission of primary hyperparathyroidism: a case report and meta-analysis of the literature,” Head and Neck, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 2006.
- K. A. Kovacs and J. D. L. Gay, “Remission of primary hyperparathyroidism due to spontaneous infarction of a parathyroid adenoma: case report and review of the literature,” Medicine, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 398–402, 1998.
- K. Kataoka, M. Taguchi, A. Takeshita, M. Miyakawa, and Y. Takeuchi, “Recurrence of primary hyperparathyroidism following spontaneous remission with intracapsular hemorrhage of a parathyroid adenoma,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 295–297, 2008.
- N. Onoda, M. Miyakawa, K. Sato, H. Demura, and E. Uchida, “Spontaneous remission of parathyroid adenoma followed with ultrasonographic examinations,” Journal of Clinical Ultrasound, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 134–136, 1994.