- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 618071, 3 pages
Spruelike Enteropathy Associated with Olmesartan: An Unusual Case of Severe Diarrhea
1University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Medicine, 401 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
2University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, 5230 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
3University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Department of Pathology, 300 Halket Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Received 17 January 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editors: N. Courcoutsakis and N. Reddy
Copyright © 2013 Stephanie E. Dreifuss et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. R. Ziegler, C. Fernández-Estívariz, L. H. Gu, et al., “Severe villus atrophy and chronic malabsorption induced by azathioprine,” Gastroenterology, vol. 124, pp. 1950–1957, 2003.
- N. Kamar, P. Faure, E. Dupuis et al., “Villous atrophy induced by mycophenolate mofetil in renal-transplant patients,” Transplant International, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 463–467, 2004.
- H. Weclawiak, A. Ould-Mohamed, B. Bournet et al., “Duodenal villous atrophy: a cause of chronic diarrhea after solid-organ transplantation,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 575–582, 2011.
- A. Rubio-Tapia, M. L. Herman, J. F. Ludvigsson, et al., “Severe spruelike enteropathy associated with olmesartan,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 87, pp. 732–738, 2012.
- A. Rostom, C. Dube, A. Cranney, et al., “Celiac disease,” Evidence Report Technology Assessment, vol. 104, pp. 1–6, 2004.
- A. Rostom, J. A. Murray, and M. F. Kagnoff, “American gastroenterological association (AGA) institute technical review on the diagnosis and management of celiac disease,” Gastroenterology, vol. 131, no. 6, pp. 1981–2002, 2006.
- S. Takai, D. Jin, and M. Miyazaki, “New approaches to blockade of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system: chymase as an important target to prevent organ damage,” Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 113, no. 4, pp. 301–309, 2010.
- L. A. Feagins, “Role of transforming growth factor-β in inflammatory bowel disease and colitis-associated colon cancer,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1963–1968, 2010.