- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 275604, 3 pages
A Rare Cause of Acute Pancreatitis: Intramural Duodenal Hematoma
Department of Internal Medicine, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11237, USA
Received 27 June 2012; Accepted 6 September 2012
Academic Editors: P. Abraham and Y. Nakayama
Copyright © 2012 Hemant Goyal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. C. Jewett, V. Caldarola, M. P. Karp, J. E. Allen, and D. R. Cooney, “Intramural hematoma of the duodenum,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 54–58, 1988.
- N. Basir and V. H. Chong, “Spontaneous intramural duodenal haematoma with transient biliary obstruction and acute cholecystitis,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. e198–e200, 2010.
- M. Secil and G. Ucar, “Spontaneous duodenal hematoma,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 291–293, 2004.
- K. Hoenisch, R. Prommegger, H. Schwaighofer, et al., “Intramural duodenal hematoma after upper gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Wiener Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 161, no. 17-18, pp. 441–444, 2011.
- J. K. Ma, K. K. C. Ng, R. T. Poon, and T. F. Sheung, “Pancreatic-induced intramural duodenal haematoma,” Asian Journal of Surgery, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 83–86, 2008.
- L. Bellens, R. Van Hee, Y. Vanderstighelen, and S. Vanderputte, “Intramural duodenal hematoma of pancreatic origin,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 46, no. 26, pp. 930–932, 1999.
- G. J. Nolan, C. Bendinelli, and J. Gani, “Laparoscopic drainage of an intramural duodenal haematoma: a novel technique and review of the literature,” World Journal of Emergency Surgery, vol. 6, no. 1, article 42, 2011.