Case Reports in Hematology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 428279, 4 pages
Cytogenetics Findings in a Histiocytic Sarcoma Case
1Servicio de Hematología, Hospital Ramón y Cajal, Carretera de Colmenar Km 9, 100 28049 Madrid, Spain
2Servicio de Genética, Hospital Ramón y Cajal, Carretera Colmenar KM 9, 100 28034 Madrid, Spain
Received 29 December 2011; Accepted 19 February 2012
Academic Editors: R. Herrmann, K. Nakase, and S. D. Wagner
Copyright © 2012 J. M. Alonso-Dominguez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. Randolph, V. Angeli, and M. A. Swartz, “Dendritic-cell trafficking to lymph nodes through lymphatic vessels,” Nature Reviews Immunology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 617–628, 2005.
- S. A. Pileri, T. M. Grogan, N. L. Harris et al., “Tumours of histiocytes and accessory dendritic cells: an immunohistochemical approach to classification from the International Lymphoma Study Group based on 61 cases,” Histopathology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–29, 2002.
- J. A. Vos, S. L. Abbondanzo, C. L. Barekman, J. W. Andriko, M. Miettinen, and N. S. Aguilera, “Histiocytic sarcoma: a study of five cases including the histiocyte marker CD163,” Modern Pathology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 693–704, 2005.
- S. H. Swerdlow, E. Campo, and N. L. Harris, Eds., WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France, 4th edition, 2008.
- M. S. Wilson, L. M. Weiss, K. C. Gatter, D. Y. Mason, R. F. Dorfman, and R. A. Warnke, “Malignant histiocytosis. A reassessment of cases previously reported in 1975 based on paraffin section immunophenotyping studies,” Cancer, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 530–536, 1990.
- C. A. Cudennec and G. R. Johnson, “Presence of multipotential hemopoietic cells in teratocarcinoma cultures,” Journal of Embryology & Experimental Morphology, vol. 61, pp. 51–59, 1981.
- A. F. Lauritzen, G. Delsol, N. E. Hansen et al., “Histiocytic sarcomas and monoblastic leukemias: a clinical, histologic, and immunophenotypical study,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 45–54, 1994.
- W. Chen, S. K. Lau, D. Fong et al., “High frequency of clonal immunoglobulin receptor gene rearrangements in sporadic histiocytic/dendritic cell sarcomas,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 863–873, 2009.
- E. Hayase, M. Kurosawa, M. Yonezumi, S. Suzuki, and H. Suzuki, “Aggressive sporadic histiocytic sarcoma with immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement and t(14;18),” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 659–663, 2010.
- M. Mori, A. Matsushita, Y. Takiuchi et al., “Histiocytic sarcoma and underlying chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: a proposal for the developmental classification of histiocytic sarcoma,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 168–173, 2010.
- S. C. Raimondi, I. D. Dube, M. B. Valentine et al., “Clinicopathologic manifestations and breakpoints of the t(3;5) in patients with acute nonlymphocytic leukemia,” Leukemia, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 42–47, 1989.
- D. Grimwade, H. Walker, F. Oliver, et al., “The importance of diagnostic cytogenetics on outcome in AML: analysis of 1,612 patients entered into the MRC AML 10 trial. The Medical Research Council Adult and Children's Leukaemia Working Parties,” Blood, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 2322–2333, 1998.
- F. Mertens, B. Johansson, S. Heim, U. Kristoffersson, and F. Mitelman, “Karyotypic patterns in chronic myeloproliferative disorders: report on 74 cases and review of the literature,” Leukemia, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 214–220, 1991.
- F. Sole, B. Espinet, G. F. Sanz, et al., “Incidence, characterization and prognostic significance of chromosomal abnormalities in 640 patients with primary myelodysplastic syndromes. Grupo Cooperativo Espanol de Citogenetica Hematologica,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 346–356, 2000.
- “Morphologic, immunologic and cytogenetic (MIC) working classification of the acute myeloid leukaemias. Second MIC Cooperative Study Group,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 487–494, 1988.
- R. Berger, G. Flandrin, A. Bernheim et al., “Cytogenetic studies on 519 consecutive de novo acute nonlymphocytic leukemias,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 9–21, 1987.
- M. T. Ferro, Y. Vázquez-Mazariego, S. Ramiro et al., “Trisomy/tetrasomy of chromosome 8 and +i(8q) as the sole chromosome abnormality in three adult patients with myelomonocytic leukemia,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 163–165, 2000.
- Y. Hamey, N. Dean, J. V. Catalano, and L. J. Campbell, “Pentasomy of chromosome 8 in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 164–166, 1998.
- S. N. J. Sait, A. Raza, and A. A. Sandberg, “Tetrasomy of chromosome 8: an interesting and rare cytogenetic phenomenon in acute nonlymphocytic leukemia,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 269–271, 1987.
- K. Paulsson, T. Säll, T. Fioretos, F. Mitelman, and B. Johansson, “The incidence of trisomy 8 as a sole chromosomal aberration in myeloid malignancies varies in relation to gender, age, prior iatrogenic genotoxic exposure, and morphology,” Cancer Genetics and Cytogenetics, vol. 130, no. 2, pp. 160–165, 2001.
- J. L. Hornick, E. S. Jaffe, and C. D. M. Fletcher, “Extranodal histiocytic sarcoma: clinicopathologic analysis of 14 cases of a rare epithelioid malignancy,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1133–1144, 2004.