- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 430745, 3 pages
Vulval Elephantiasis: A Case Report
1Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Sector 32-A, Chandigarh 160031, India
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Government Medical College, Sector 32-A, Chandigarh 160030, India
3Department of Dermatology & Venereology, Government Medical College, Sector 32-A, Chandigarh 160030, India
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editors: X. Vallès and L. Yamuah
Copyright © 2012 Harsh Mohan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Sarkar, C. Kaur, G. P. Thami, and A. J. Kanwar, “Genital elephantiasis,” International Journal of STD and AIDS, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 427–429, 2002.
- S. Gupta, C. Ajith, A. J. Kanwar, V. N. Sehgal, B. Kumar, and U. Mete, “Genital elephantiasis and sexually transmitted infections—revisited,” International Journal of STD and AIDS, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 157–166, 2006.
- N. N. Khanna and G. K. Joshi, “Elephantiasis of female genitalia. Case report,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 379–381, 1971.
- Lymphatic Filariasis Eradication Program, “Training module for drug distributors,” WHO/CDS/CPE/CEE/2001. 23 Part 1.
- J. Richens, “Genital manifestations of tropical diseases,” Sexually Transmitted Infections, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 2004.
- S. I. Hajdu, “A note from history: elephantiasis,” Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 207–208, 2002.
- C. K. Rao, “Filariasis control in Primary Health Care,” Journal of Communicable Diseases, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 206–211, 1982.
- S. Nayak, B. Acharjya, B. Devi, S. Pattnaik, and M. Patra, “Cerebriform elephantiasis of the vulva following tuberculous lymphadenitis,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 74, no. 2, p. 188, 2008.
- S. Lu, T. A. Tran, D. M. Jones et al., “Localized lymphedema (elephantiasis): a case series and review of the literature,” Journal of Cutaneous Pathology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 1–20, 2009.
- G. Dreyer, J. Norões, J. Figueredo-Silva, and W. F. Piessens, “Pathogenesis of lymphatic disease in bancroftian filariasis: a clinical perspective,” Parasitology Today, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 544–548, 2000.