- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 841834, 4 pages
A Mysterious Gram-Positive Rods
Department of Internal Medicine, MedStar Harbor Hospital, 3001 South Hanover Street, Baltimore, MD 21225, USA
Received 29 March 2012; Accepted 8 July 2012
Academic Editors: L. M. Bush, V. Misra, S. Talhari, and W. I. van der Meijden
Copyright © 2012 Javzandulam Natsag et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. A. Brown-Elliott and R. J. Wallace Jr., “Clinical and taxonomic status of pathogenic nonpigmented or late-pigmenting rapidly growing mycobacteria,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 716–746, 2002.
- D. E. Griffith and R. J. Wallace Jr., Rapidly Growing Mycobacterial Infections in HIV-Negative Patients: UpToDate, 2009.
- R. J. Wallace Jr., J. M. Swenson, V. A. Silcox, R. C. Good, J. A. Tschen, and M. S. Stone, “Spectrum of disease due to rapidly growing mycobacteria,” Reviews of Infectious Diseases, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 657–679, 1983.
- J. Olalla, M. Pombo, J. M. Aguado et al., “Mycobacterium fortuitum complex endocarditis—case report and literature review,” Clinical Microbiology and Infection, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 125–129, 2002.
- S. P. Collison and N. Trehan, “Native double-valve endocarditis by Mycobacterium fortuitum following percutaneous coronary intervention,” Journal of Heart Valve Disease, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 836–838, 2006.
- D. W. Spell, J. G. Szurgot, R. W. Greer, and J. W. Brown III, “Native valve endocarditis due to Mycobacterium fortuitum biovar fortuitum: case report and review,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 605–606, 2000.
- M. Singh, A. Bofinger, G. Cave, and P. Boyle, “Mycobacterium fortuitum endocarditis in a patient with chronic renal failure on hemodialysis,” Pathology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 197–200, 1992.
- M. T. Kuruvila, P. Mathews, M. Jesudason, and A. Ganesh, “Mycobacterium fortuitum Endocarditis and Meningitis after Balloon Mitral Valvotomy,” Journal of Association of Physicians of India, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1022–1023, 1999.
- D. P. Brannan, R. E. DuBois, M. J. Ramirez, M. J. Ravry, and E. O. Harrison, “Cefoxitin therapy for Mycobacterium fortuitum bacteremia with associated granulomatous hepatitis,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 381–384, 1984.
- J. Montoliu, J. M. Gatell, and J. Bonal, “Disseminated visceral infection with Mycobacterium fortuitum in a hemodialysis patient,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 205–211, 1985.
- C. W. Ingram, D. C. Tanner, D. T. Durack, G. W. Kernodle Jr., and G. R. Corey, “Disseminated infection with rapidly growing mycobacteria,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 463–471, 1993.
- M. B. Smith, V. J. Schnadig, M. C. Boyars, and G. L. Woods, “Clinical and pathologic features of Mycobacterium fortuitum infections: an emerging pathogen in patients with AIDS,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 225–232, 2001.
- E. J. McFarland and D. R. Kuritzkes, “Clinical features and treatment of infection due to Mycobacterium fortuitum/chelonae complex,” Current Clinical Topics in Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, pp. 188–202, 1993.