- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 214297, 2 pages
Cutaneous Leishmaniasis of the Eyelid: A Case Report
1Infectious and Tropical Diseases Research Center, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Avenue Ebnesina, Safaeeyeh, Yazd 8915887857, Iran
2Department of Optometry, School of Rehabilitation, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 1985717443, Iran
Received 3 July 2013; Accepted 10 September 2013
Academic Editors: S. Dogra, M. Ghate, and P. Horrocks
Copyright © 2013 Jamshid Ayatollahi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Iftikhar, I. Bari, and A. Ejaz, “Rare variants of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis: whitlow, paronychia, and sporotrichoid,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 807–809, 2003.
- Y. Rassi, M. M. Gassemi, E. Javadian, S. Rafizadeh, H. Motazedian, and H. Vatandoost, “Vectors and reservoirs of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Marvdasht district, southern Islamic Republic of Iran,” Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 686–693, 2007.
- H. W. Murray, J. D. Berman, C. R. Davies, and N. G. Saravia, “Advances in leishmaniasis,” The Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9496, pp. 1561–1577, 2005.
- M. Farahmand, H. Nahrevanian, H. A. Shirazi, S. Naeimi, and Z. Farzanehnejad, “An overview of a diagnostic and epidemiologic reappraisal of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Iran,” The Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 17–21, 2011.
- S. Veraldi, S. Bottini, N. Currò, and R. Gianotti, “Leishmaniasis of the eyelid mimicking an infundibular cyst and review of the literature on ocular leishmaniasis,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, supplement 3, pp. e230–e232, 2010.
- J. M. Vinetz and L. Soong, “Leishmania mexicana infection of the eyelid in a traveler to Belize,” The Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 149–152, 2007.
- A. K. Jafari, M. Akhyani, M. Valikhani, Z. S. Ghodsi, B. Barikbin, and S. Toosi, “Bilateral cutaneous leishmaniasis of upper eyelids: a case report,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, article 20, 2006.
- E. Mencía-Gutiérrez, E. Gutiérrez-Díaz, J. L. Rodríguez-Peralto, and J. Monsalve-Córdova, “Old World eyelid cutaneous leishmaniasis: a case report,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, article 29, 2005.
- G. Sadeghian, M. A. Nilfroushzadeh, S. H. Moradi, and S. H. Hanjani, “Ocular leishmaniasis: a case report,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, article 19, p. 19, 2005.
- J. Ayatollahi, M. Modares, and A. Halvani, “Effect of glucantime on blood factors in patients with cutaneous leishmaniasis,” The Iranian Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 57–61, 2011.