- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 163173, 4 pages
Fenofibrate Therapy in Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase Type 2 Deficiency
1Griffith University School of Medicine and Gold Coast University Hospital, Southport, Gold Coast, QLD 4215, Australia
2Royal Australasian College of Physicians and Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC 3050, Australia
3Pathology Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
4Department of Cardiology, Gold Coast University Hospital, Griffith University, Southport, Gold Coast, QLD 4215, Australia
Received 11 September 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Christoph Wanner
Copyright © 2012 I. Hamilton-Craig et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Sigauke, D. Rakheja, K. Kitson, and M. J. Bennett, “Carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency: a clinical, biochemical, and molecular review,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 1543–1554, 2003.
- J. P. Bonnefont, J. Bastin, A. Behin, and F. Djouadi, “Bezafibrate for an inborn mitochondrial beta-oxidation defect,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 360, no. 8, pp. 838–840, 2009.
- “Australian absolute cardiovascular disease risk calculator,” http://www.cvdcheck.org.au/.
- M. J. Budoff, S. Achenbach, R. S. Blumenthal et al., “Assessment of coronary artery disease by cardiac computed tomography: a scientific statement from the American heart association committee on cardiovascular imaging and intervention, council on cardiovascular radiology and intervention, and committee on cardiac imaging, council on clinical cardiology,” Circulation, vol. 114, no. 16, pp. 1761–1791, 2006.
- J. A. Hoff, E. V. Chomka, A. J. Krainik, M. Daviglus, S. Rich, and G. T. Kondos, “Age and gender distributions of coronary artery calcium detected by electron beam tomography in 35,246 adults,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 87, no. 12, pp. 1335–1339, 2001.
- P. Vreken, A. E. M. van Lint, A. H. Bootsma, H. Overmars, R. J. A. Wanders, and A. H. van Gennip, “Quantitative plasma acylcarnitine analysis using electrospray tandem mass spectrometry for the diagnosis of organic acidaemias and fatty acid oxidation defects,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 302–306, 1999.
- G. D. Vladutiu, “The molecular diagnosis of metabolic myopathies,” Neurologic Clinics, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 53–104, 2000.
- I. Hamilton-Craig, “Update on lipid management: commonly asked questions,” Medicine Today, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 33–42, 2012.
- I. Hamilton-Craig, “Managing myopathy in the statin-intolerant patient,” Cardiology Today, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 15–19, 2012.
- S. Yamaguchi, H. Li, J. Purevsuren et al., “Benzafibrate can be a new treatment option for mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation orders: evaluation by in vitro probe acylcarnitine assay,” Molecular and Genetic Metabolism, vol. 107, no. 1-2, pp. 87–91, 2012.
- J. P. Bonnefont, J. Bastin, P. Laforêt et al., “Long-term follow-up of bezafibrate treatment in patients with the myopathic form of carnitine palmitoyltransferase 2 deficiency,” Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 101–108, 2010.