- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 362610, 4 pages
Primary Hydatid Cyst of the Axillary Region: A Case Report
1Department of Infectious Diseases, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Medical Branch, Tehran, Iran
2Department of General Surgery, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Medical Branch, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Microbiology, Pasteur Institute, Tehran, Iran
Received 8 July 2012; Revised 30 September 2012; Accepted 30 September 2012
Academic Editor: Nima Rezaei
Copyright © 2012 Mehrangiz Zangeneh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WHO/OIE Manual on echinococcosis in human and animals: a Public Health Problem of Global Concern. Edited by J. Eckert, M. A. Gemmell, F.-X. Meslin and Z. S. Pawlowski, 2002, http://www.oie.int/.
- P. S. Craig, D. P. McManus, M. W. Lightowlers et al., “Prevention and control of cystic echinococcosis,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 385–394, 2007.
- H. R. Ünalp, E. Kamer, T. Rezanko, Ö. Kılıç, M. Tunakan, and M. A. Önal, “Primary hydatid cyst of the axillary region: a case report,” Balkan Medical Journal, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 209–211, 2011.
- First WHO report on neglected tropical diseases 2010: working to overcome the global impact of neglected tropical diseases. WHO/HTM/NTD/2010. 1.
- A. Zamani and S. Kalikas, “Hydatid cyst of parotid gland: a case report,” Iranian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 16, no. 1, 2006.
- M. Ozsoy, C. Keles, M. Kahy, and G. Keles, “Primary echinococcal cyst in the axillary region,” Journal of Infection in Developing Countries, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 825–827, 2011.
- I. Iynen, O. Sogut, M. E. Guldur, R. Kose, H. Kaya, and F. Bozkus, “Primary hydatid cyst: an unusual cause of a mass in the supraclavicular region of the neck,” Journal of Clinical Medicine Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 52–54, 2011.
- P. J. Thomson, M. R. C. S. ENG., and L. R. C. P. Lond, “Hydatid cyst of the axilla in a child,” The Lancet, vol. 153, no. 3932, pp. 25–26, 1899.
- M. Lamotte, J. Perrotin, A. Julliard, and G. Timsit, “Hydatid cysts of the soft tissues. Apropos of a case of hydatid cyst of the axilla,” Annales de Chirurgie, vol. 21, no. 23, pp. 1463–1467, 1967 (French).
- T. Zamfir, R. Bălănescu, T. Pătrăcuş et al., “The diagnosis and surgical treatment in the case of 2 rare sites of hydatid cyst in children,” Chirurgia, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 413–415, 1997 (Romanian).
- L. M. Navarro Martín, J. Pardo Lledìas, I. Galindo Pérez, and R. Querol Prieto, “Medicine in images. Incidental diagnosis of a mass subcutaneously located in the axillary region,” Revista Clínica Española, vol. 198, no. 10, pp. 703–704, 1998 (Spanish).
- J. Mayol Martínez, P. J. González Noguera, R. Peromingo Fresneda, and J. Alvarez Fernández-Represa, “Mass localized in the axilla,” Revista Clínica Española, vol. 194, no. 3, pp. 199–200, 1994 (Spanish).
- A. Ekrem Unal, S. Can Ulukent, S. Bayar, A. Demirkan, and H. Akgül, “Primary hydatid cyst of the axillary region: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 803–805, 2001.
- S. Dilege, M. Aksoy, I. Okan, A. Toker, G. Kalayci, and M. Demiryont, “Hydatid cystic disease of the soft tissues with pulmonary and hepatic involvement: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 69–71, 2003.
- J. E. Losanoff, B. W. Richman, and J. W. Jones, “Primary hydatid cyst of the axilla,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 393–394, 2004.
- G. Sain Guven, H. Simsek, B. Cakir, O. Akhan, and O. Abbasoglu, “A hydatid cyst presenting as an axillary mass,” The American Journal of Medicine, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 363–364, 2004.
- A. Borovik, D. Massasso, and K. Gibson, “Axillary hydatid disease,” The Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 184, no. 11, p. 585, 2006.
- S. Singh, S. Khichy, M. Singh, and J. Singh Gill, “Recurrent solitary hydatid cyst of the subcutaneous tissue,” Indian Journal of Surgery, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 162–164, 2009.
- L. Ruso, G. Rodriguez, A. Gatti, et al., “Primary cervico—axillary hydatid disease,” Cirugia y Cirujanos, vol. 79, pp. 306–312, 2011.
- A. Arsalane, M. El Hammoumi, F. El Oueriachi, A. Traibi, A. Darbi, and E. H. Kabiri, “Primary axillary hydatid cyst,” General Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 359–362, 2012.
- B. Saylam, V. Vural, A. P. Duzgun, M. V. Ozer, and F. Coskun, “Primary hydatid cyst of the axilla: report of a case,” Medical Principles and Practice, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 79–81, 2012.
- O. Akhan, B. Gumus, D. Akinci, M. Karcaaltincaba, and M. Ozmen, “Diagnosis and percutaneous treatment of soft-tissue hydatid cysts,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 419–425, 2007.
- A. E. Mohamed, M. I. Yasawy, and M. A. Al Karawi, “Combined albendazole and praziquantel versus albendazole alone in the treatment of hydatid disease,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 23, pp. 1690–1694, 1998.
- M. Jamshidi, M. Mohraz, M. Zangeneh, and A. Jamshidi, “The effect of combination therapy with albendazole and praziquantel on hydatid cyst treatment,” Parasitology Research, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 195–199, 2008.