- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 548350, 3 pages
Tuberculoma of the Tongue Presenting as Hemimacroglossia
1Department of Otolaryngology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS), Rohtak, Haryana, India
2Department of Pathology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS), Rohtak, Haryana, India
Received 28 September 2012; Revised 7 December 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Academic Editor: T. Ottenhoff
Copyright © 2012 S. P. S. Yadav et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Yepes, J. Sullivan, and A. Pinto, “Tuberculosis: medical management update,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 267–273, 2004.
- A. M. Al-Serhani, “Mycobacterial infection of the head and neck: presentation and diagnosis,” Laryngoscope, vol. 111, no. 11, pp. 2012–2016, 2001.
- P. I. Rafailidis, I. Avramopoulos, G. Sapkas, and M. E. Falagas, “Multidrug-resistant tuberculous spondylodiscitis: need for aggressive management and drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates,” Journal of Infection, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. e35–e37, 2006.
- E. M. Iype, K. Ramdas, M. Pandey et al., “Primary tuberculosis of the tongue: report of three cases,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 402–403, 2001.
- T. Mohanapriya, K. B. Singh, T. Arulappan, and T. Dhanasekar, “Lingual tuberculosis,” Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 39–41, 2012.
- A. B. Sharma, D. K. Laishram, and B. Sarma, “Primary tuberculosis of tongue,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 65–66, 2008.
- V. Ramesh, “Tuberculoma of the tongue presenting as macroglossia,” Cutis, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 201–202, 1997.
- S. K. Vishwakarma, S. Jain, and M. Gupta, “Primary lingual tuberculosis presenting as cold—abscess tongue: a case report,” Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 87–88, 2006.
- M. B. Pasticci, P. Floridi, E. Schiaroli, G. M. Stagni, G. V. de Socio, and F. Longari, “Lingual tuberculosis: a rare disease in Western countries,” New Microbiologica, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 233–237, 2012.
- J. Jawad and F. El-Zuebi, “Primary lingual tuberculosis: a case report,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 177–178, 1996.
- V. Kumar, A. P. Singh, R. Meher, and A. Raj, “Primary tuberculosis of oral cavity: a rare entity revisited,” Indian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 354–356, 2011.
- Y. Hashimoto and H. Tanioka, “Primary tuberculosis of the tongue: report of a case,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 744–746, 1989.
- B. K. Khatri and G. S. Jhalla, “Tuberculosis of tongue: a case report,” Indian Journal of Tuberculosis, vol. 18, pp. 58–59, 1971.
- O. K. Kakisi, A. S. Kechagia, I. K. Kakisis, P. I. Rafailidis, and M. E. Falagas, “Tuberculosis of the oral cavity: a systematic review,” European Journal of Oral Sciences, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 103–109, 2010.