- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 634652, 2 pages
Clarithromycin-Induced Long QT Syndrome: A Case Report
1Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, 45010 Manisa, Turkey
2Department of Pediatrics, Ağrı State Hospital, 04000 Ağrı, Turkey
3Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, 45010 Manisa, Turkey
Received 17 November 2011; Accepted 20 January 2012
Academic Editor: S. Kennedy
Copyright © 2012 Mecnun Cetin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Kırel , Z. Kılıç, and D. S. Aydoğdu, “Jervell and Lange-Nielsen syndrome: a case report,” Çocuk Sağlığı ve Hastalıkları, vol. 43, pp. 73–76, 2000.
- W. Haverkamp, G. Breithardt, A. J. Camm et al., “The potential for QT prolongation and proarrhytmia by non-antiarrhythmic drugs. Clinical and regulatory implications,” European Heart Journal, vol. 1, pp. 1–14, 2000.
- C. Şahan, E. Aksakal, and M. Yazıcı, “Clarithromycin induced long QT syndrome during helicobacter pylori,” Akademik Gastroenteroloji Dergisi, vol. 2, pp. 31–33, 2003.
- A. Beyazit, G. S. Güven, and A. B. İskit, “Long QT syndrome,” Hacettepe Tıp Dergisi, vol. 36, pp. 43–48, 2005.
- R. M. Gowda, I. A. Khan, S. L. Wilbur, B. C. Vasavada, and T. J. Sacchi, “Torsade de pointes: the clinical considerations,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2004.
- P. J. Schwartz, A. J. Moss, G. M. Vincent, and R. S. Crampton, “Diagnostic criteria for the long QT syndrome: an update,” Circulation, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 782–784, 1993.
- M. Hergüner, D. Alabaz, S. Erdem, and Ş. Altunbaşak, “Long QT syndrome: a rare disease mimicking seizure,” Çocuk Sağlığı ve Hastalıkları Dergisi, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 54–56, 2005.
- L. Fang, C. J. Huang, H. D. Hwa, and C. H. Huang, “Torsade de pointes in a patient with bronchopenumonia and atrial fibrillation treated with clarithromycin,” International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, vol. 1, pp. 344–346, 2009.