- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 657071, 4 pages
Double Duct to Mucosa Pancreaticojejunostomy for Bifid Pancreatic Duct following Pylorus Preserving Pancreaticoduodenectomy: A Case Report
1First Department of General Surgery, General Hospital Papageorgiou, West Ring Road, Nea Efkarpia 56 403, Thessaloniki, Greece
2Department of Radiology, General Hospital Papageorgiou, West Ring Road, Nea Efkarpia 56 403, Thessaloniki, Greece
3Department of Gastroenterology, Euromedica Kyanous Stavros General Hospital, Vizyis-Vyzantos 1, 54 636 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 22 August 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: Yasuhiko Sugawara
Copyright © 2012 K. Vasiliadis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Adda, L. Hannoun, and J. Loygue, “Development of the human pancreas: variations and pathology. A tentative classification,” Anatomia Clinica, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 275–283, 1984.
- S. Pearson, “Aberrant pancreas. Review of the literature and report of three cases, one of which produced common and pancreatic duct obstruction,” A.M.A. Archives of Surgery, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 168–186, 1951.
- R. D. Halpert, J. M. Shabot, B. R. Heare, and R. E. Rogers, “The bifid pancreas: a rare anatomical variation,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 60–61, 1990.
- K. Z'graggen, W. Uhl, H. Friess, and M. W. Büchler, “How to do a safe pancreatic anastomosis,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 733–737, 2002.
- S. Bang, J. H. Suh, B. K. Park, S. W. Park, S. Y. Song, and J. B. Chung, “The relationship of anatomic variation of pancreatic ductal system and pancreaticobiliary diseases,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 243–248, 2006.
- G. Uomo, G. Manes, L. D'Anna, M. Laccetti, S. Di Gaeta, and P. G. Rabitti, “Fusion and duplication variants of pancreatic duct system: clinical and pancreatographic evaluation,” International Journal of Pancreatology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 1995.
- R. P. Yatto and J. H. Siegel, “Variant pancreatography,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 115–118, 1983.
- V. S. Krishnamurty, S. Rajendran, and M. A. Korsten, “Bifid pancreas: an unusual anomaly associated with acute pancreatitis,” International Journal of Pancreatology, vol. 16, no. 2-3, pp. 179–181, 1994.
- T. Ohkubo, H. Imamura, Y. Sugawara, T. Takayama, and M. Makuuchi, “Successful pancreatic duct-to-jejunum anastomosis in a patient with a double pancreatic duct: usefulness of intraoperative ultrasonograpy (IOUS) and IOUS-guided pancreatography,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 49, no. 48, pp. 1724–1725, 2002.
- T. Yoshida, S. Ninomiya, Y. Morii, T. Matsumata, E. Arimura, and H. Hidaka, “Double duct-to-mucosa pancreaticojejunostomy for bifid pancreatic duct,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 51, no. 58, pp. 1196–1197, 2004.
- Y. Tajima, T. Adachi, T. Kuroki et al., “Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas with a bifid pancreatic duct,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 865–868, 2009.
- O. Strobel and M. W. Büchler, “Stent for reduction of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticojejunostomy. No indication for routine stenting,” Chirurg, vol. 83, no. 6, p. 574, 2012.
- C. J. Yeo, “Leak after Whipple resection: preventable?” HPB Surgery, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 133–136, 1998.
- G. Garcea, M. S. Metcalfe, D. B. Berry, G. S. Robertson, D. M. Lloyd, and A. R. Dennion, “Is intraoperative confirmation of malignancy during pancreaticoduodenectomy mandatory?” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 16, pp. 370–375, 2012.