- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 959153, 4 pages
A Case of Swyer-James-Macleod Syndrome Associated with Middle Lobe Hypoplasia and Arteriovenous Malformation
1Department of Radiology, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Ministry of Health, 06110 Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Radiology, Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital, 06410 Ankara, Turkey
Received 27 August 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Arduino A. Mangoni
Copyright © 2012 Hatice Kaplanoglu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. J. Mason, J. F. Murray, V. C. Broaddus, and J. A. Nadel, Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, Elsevier-Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4nd edition, 2005.
- L. Fregonese, D. Girosi, E. Battistini et al., “Clinical, physiologic, and roentgenographic changes after pneumonectomy in a boy with Macleod/Swyer-James syndrome and bronchiectasis,” Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 412–416, 2002.
- C. A. Piquette, S. I. Rennard, and G. L. Snider, “Chronic bronchitis and emphysema,” in Textbook of Respiratory Medicine, pp. 1187–1245, WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2000.
- S. Mathur, S. K. Gupta, M. Sarda, and U. Jaipal, “Swyer-James-Macleod syndrome with emphysematous bulla,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 154–150, 1995.
- A. M. Marchevsky, R. Guintu, M. Koss, C. Fuller, W. Houck, and R. J. McKenna, “Swyer-James (MacLeod) syndrome with placental transmogrification of the lung: a case report and review of the literature,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 686–689, 2005.
- J. Lucaya, S. Gartner, P. García-Peña, N. Cobos, I. Roca, and S. Liñan, “Spectrum of manifestations of Swyer-James-MacLeod syndrome,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 592–597, 1998.
- A. B. Gómez Belda, E. Martínez-Moragón, and E. Fernández Fabrellas, “Swyer-James syndrome: diagnostic contributions of helical computerized tomography,” Archivos de Bronconeumologia, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 421–422, 2000.
- N. Arslan, S. Ilgan, M. Ozkan et al., “Utility of ventilation and perfusion scan in the diagnosis of young military recruits with an incidental finding of hyperlucent lung,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 525–530, 2001.
- T. Walles, T. Kyriss, A. S. Maier, and G. Friedel, “eComment: Swyer-James-MacLeod syndrome: addendum to the clinical appearance,” Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 8, no. 4, p. 484, 2009.
- C. G. Borrero and A. B. Zajko, “Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations: clinical features, diagnosis and treatment,” Journal of Radiology Nursing, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 33–37, 2006.
- A. Friedlich, R. J. Bing, and S. G. Blount Jr., “Physiological studies in congenital heart disease; circulatory dynamics in the anomalies of venous return to the heart including pulmonary arteriovenous fistula,” Bulletin of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 20–57, 1950.
- V. Cottin, H. Plauchu, J. Y. Bayle, M. Barthelet, D. Revel, and J. F. Cordier, “Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 169, no. 9, pp. 994–1000, 2004.
- D. E. Dines, R. A. Arms, P. E. Bernatz, and M. R. Gomes, “Pulmonary arteriovenous fistulas,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 460–465, 1974.
- A. Pick, C. Deschamps, and A. W. Stanson, “Pulmonary arteriovenous fistula: presentation, diagnosis, and treatment,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1118–1122, 1999.
- F. Yıldız, M. Sever, N. Kömüs, D. Öncel, M. Yalçin, and O. Özyurt, “Macleod syndrome accompanied by right middle lobe agenesis,” Turk Toraks Dergisi, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 87–89, 2010.