- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461409, 5 pages
Adrenal Incidentalomas in Cancer Patients Are Not Always “Innocent”: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
1251 Airforce General Hospital, Medical Oncology Department, 3RD P. Kanellopoulou Street, Katehaki, 11725 Athens, Greece
2251 Airforce General Hospital, Medical Oncology Department, 2nd Department of Surgery, 3RD P. Kanellopoulou Street, Katehaki, 11725 Athens, Greece
3University of Athens, Department of Pathology, 75th Mikras Asias Street, Goudi, 11527 Athens, Greece
Received 12 January 2013; Revised 25 February 2013; Accepted 13 March 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Urban
Copyright © 2013 Panagiota Economopoulou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Fassnacht, R. Libe, M. Kroiss, and B. Allolio, “Adrenocortical carcinoma: a clinician's update,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 323–335, 2011.
- J. Lafemina and M. F. Brennan, “Adrenocortical carcinoma: past, present, and future,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 586–594, 2012.
- G. Low, H. Dhliwayo, and D. J. Lomas, “Adrenal neoplasms,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 67, no. 10, pp. 988–1000, 2012.
- M. J. Lee, P. F. Hahn, N. Papanicolaou et al., “Benign and malignant adrenal masses: CT distinction with attenuation coefficients, size, and observer analysis,” Radiology, vol. 179, no. 2, pp. 415–418, 1991.
- G. M. Glazer, E. J. Woolsey, and J. Borrello, “Adrenal tissue characterization using MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 1986.
- A. Lacroix, “Approach to the patient with adrenocortical carcinoma,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 95, no. 11, pp. 4812–4822, 2010.
- K. Y. Bilimoria, W. T. Shen, D. Elaraj et al., “Adrenocortical carcinoma in the United States: treatment utilization and prognostic factors,” Cancer, vol. 113, no. 11, pp. 3130–3136, 2008.
- J. S. Graham and J. Cassidy, “Adjuvant therapy in colon cancer,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 99–109, 2012.
- W. T. Shen, C. Sturgeon, and Q. Y. Duh, “From incidentaloma to adrenocortical carcinoma: the surgical management of adrenal tumors,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 186–192, 2005.
- S. S. M. Ng, J. F. Y. Lee, R. Y. C. Yiu, J. C. M. Li, and K. L. Leung, “Synchronous laparoscopic resection of colorectal and renal/adrenal neoplasms,” Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 283–286, 2007.
- S. C. Lam, F. Y. Lee, K. L. Leung, and W. Y. Lau, “Synchronous laparoscopic-assisted right hemicolectomy and right adrenalectomy,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 16, no. 7, p. 1107, 2002.
- A. Frilling, K. Tecklenborg, F. Weber et al., “Importance of adrenal incidentaloma in patients with a history of malignancy,” Surgery, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 1289–1296, 2004.
- A. Valeri, A. Borrelli, L. Presenti et al., “Adrenal masses in neoplastic patients: the role of laparoscopic procedure,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 90–93, 2001.
- B. T. Heniford, M. J. Arca, R. M. Walsh, and I. S. Gill, “Laparoscopic adrenalectomy for cancer,” Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 293–306, 1999.
- A. Moinzadeh and I. S. Gill, “Laparoscopic radical adrenalectomy for malignancy in 31 patients,” Journal of Urology, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 519–525, 2005.
- S. Siriwong, S. Shuangshoti, S. Saritsiri, P. Pak-art, W. Khovidhunkit, and T. Snabboon, “Functioning adrenocortical carcinoma with superior vena cava and upper airway obstructions,” Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1511–1515, 2006.
- A. Berruti, P. Sperone, A. Ferrero, et al., “Phase II study of weekly paclitaxel and sorafenib as second/third-line therapy in patients with adrenocortical carcinoma,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 451–458, 2012.