- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 590639, 3 pages
Postoperative Cervical Haematoma Complicated by Ipsilateral Carotid Thrombosis and Aphasia after Anterior Cervical Fusion: A Case Report
1Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University and Institute for Modern and Innovative Surgery (iMIS),
1100 W. Oakland Park Boulevard, Suite No. 3, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, USA
2iMIS Surgery, 1100 W. Oakland Park Boulevard, Suite No. 3, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, USA
3Less Exposure Surgery (LES) Society, 300 E. Oakland Park Boulevard, Suite 502, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334, USA
Received 11 December 2012; Revised 23 January 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: Aaron S. Dumont
Copyright © 2013 Kingsley R. Chin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Gebremariam, B. W. Koes, W. C. Peul, and B. M. Huisstede, “Evaluation of treatment effectiveness for the herniated cervical disk: a systematic review,” Spine, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. E109–E118, 2012.
- M. J. Gray, A. Biyani, and A. Smith, “A retrospective analysis of patient perceived outcomes in patients 55 years and older undergoing anterior cervical discectomy and fusion,” Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 157–161, 2010.
- P. G. Matz, T. C. Ryken, M. W. Groff et al., “Techniques for anterior cervical decompression for radiculopathy,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 183–197, 2009.
- K. N. Fountas, E. Z. Kapsalaki, L. G. Nikolakakos et al., “Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion associated complications,” Spine, vol. 32, no. 21, pp. 2310–2317, 2007.
- C. Cherry, “Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion for cervical disc disease,” AORN journal, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 998–1007, 1007-1008, 2002.
- A. H. Daniels, K. D. Riew, J. U. Yoo et al., “Adverse events associated with anterior cervical spine surgery,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 729–738, 2008.
- J. T. Liu, R. P. Briner, and J. A. Friedman, “Comparison of inpatient vs. outpatient anterior cervical discectomy and fusion: a retrospective case series,” BMC Surgery, vol. 9, no. 1, article 3, 2009.
- N. H. Yu, T. A. Jahng, C. H. Kim, and C. K. Chung, “Life-threatening late hemorrhage due to superior thyroid artery dissection after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion,” Spine, vol. 35, no. 15, pp. E739–E742, 2010.
- D. Daentzer, W. Deinsberger, and D. K. Böker, “Vertebral artery complications in anterior approaches to the cervical spine: report of two cases and review of literature,” Surgical Neurology, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 300–309, 2003.
- Y. C. Yeh, W. Z. Sun, C. P. Lin, C. K. Hui, I. R. Huang, and T. S. Lee, “Prolonged retraction on the normal common carotid artery induced lethal stroke after cervical spine surgery,” Spine, vol. 29, no. 19, pp. E431–434, 2004.
- M. E. Pollard and P. W. Little, “Changes in carotid artery blood flow during anterior cervical spine surgery,” Spine, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 152–155, 2002.
- K. E. Sherman, “Advanced liver disease: what every hepatitis C virus treater should know,” Topics in Antiviral Medicine, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 121–125, 2011.
- C. P. Derdeyn, T. O. Videen, S. M. Fritsch, D. A. Carpenter, R. L. Grubb Jr., and W. J. Powers, “Compensatory mechanisms for chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in patients with carotid occlusion,” Stroke, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1019–1024, 1999.