- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 815252, 2 pages
Hypercalcemia: An Unusual Manifestation of Uterine Leiomyoma
1Department of Internal Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
2Division of Nephrology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Received 6 July 2012; Accepted 13 January 2013
Academic Editor: Glenn Bubley
Copyright © 2013 Amarinder Singh Garcha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. F. Stewart, “Clinical practice. Hypercalcemia associated with cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 4, pp. 373–379, 2005.
- G. A. Clines and T. A. Guise, “Hypercalcaemia of malignancy and basic research on mechanisms responsible for osteolytic and osteoblastic metastasis to bone,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 549–583, 2005.
- V. Grill, W. Rankin, and T. J. Martin, “Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) and hypercalcaemia,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 222–229, 1998.
- S. Dagdelen, I. Kalan, and A. Gurlek, “Humoral hypercalcemia of benignancy secondary to parathyroid hormone-related protein secreting uterine leiomyoma,” American Journal of the Medical Sciences, vol. 335, no. 5, pp. 407–408, 2008.
- E. C. Weir, D. L. Goad, A. G. Daifotis, W. J. Burtis, B. E. Dreyer, and R. A. Nowak, “Relative overexpression of the parathyroid hormone-related protein gene in human leiomyomas,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 784–789, 1994.
- R. Herring and K. Laji, “Humoral hypercalcaemia of benignancy. A case report,” QJM, vol. 101, no. 4, pp. 329–330, 2008.
- T. Schilling, M. Pecherstorfer, E. Blind, G. Leidig, R. Ziegler, and F. Raue, “Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) does not regulate 1,25- dihydroxyvitamin D serum levels in hypercalcemia of malignancy,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 801–803, 1993.