- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 476523, 2 pages
Parkinsonism following Bee Sting: A Case Report
1Speech and Hearing Unit, Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
2Department of Neurology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
3Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Received 27 March 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editors: J. L. González-Gutiérrez, H. Ikeda, and Y. Wakabayashi
Copyright © 2012 Ruchika Mittal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. M. Yorkston and D. R. Beukelman, Dysarthria in Degenerative Disease: Management of Motor Speech Disorders in Children and Adults, 1999.
- N. A. Leopold, W. Bara-Jimenez, and M. Hallett, “Parkinsonism after a wasp sting,” Movement Disorders, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 122–127, 1999.
- M. Nittner-Marszalska, J. Małolepszy, A. Młynarczewski, and A. Niedziółka , “Toxic reaction induced by Hymenoptera stings,” Polskie Archiwum Medycyny Wewntrznej, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 252–256, 1998.
- J. E. Riggs, L. M. Ketonen, J. P. Wymer, R. L. Barbano, L. K. Valanne, and J. B. Bodensteiner, “Acute and delayed cerebral infarction after wasp sting anaphylaxis,” Clinical Neuropharmacology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 384–388, 1994.
- J. E. Riggs, L. M. Ketonen, J. B. Bodensteiner, and C. G. Benesch, “Wasp sting-associated cerebral infarction: a role for cerebrovascular sympathetic innervation,” Clinical Neuropharmacology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 362–365, 1993.
- J. C. Starr and G. W. Brasher, “Wasp sting anaphylaxis with cerebral infarction,” Annals of Allergy, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 431–433, 1977.