- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 704639, 2 pages
Relowering of Serum Na for Osmotic Demyelinating Syndrome
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku,
Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
Received 19 March 2012; Accepted 27 May 2012
Academic Editors: V. Rajajee and V. Wang
Copyright © 2012 Hideomi Yamada et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Oya, K. Tsutsumi, K. Ueki, and T. Kirino, “Reinduction of hyponatremia to treat central pontine myelinolysis,” Neurology, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1931–1932, 2001.
- Y. H. H. Lien and J. I. Shapiro, “Hyponatremia: clinical diagnosis and management,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 120, no. 8, pp. 653–658, 2007.
- S. Pradhan, R. Jha, M. N. Singh, S. Gupta, R. V. Phadke, and V. Kher, “Central pontine myelinolysis following “slow” correction of hyponatremia,” Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 340–343, 1995.
- J. G. Verbalis and S. R. Gullans, “Rapid correction of hyponatremia produces differential effects on brain osmolyte and electrolyte reaccumulation in rats,” Brain Research, vol. 606, no. 1, pp. 19–27, 1993.
- F. Gankam Kengne, A. Soupart, R. Pochet, J. P. Brion, and G. Decaux, “Re-induction of hyponatremia after rapid overcorrection of hyponatremia reduces mortality in rats,” Kidney International, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 614–621, 2009.