- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Neurological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 830469, 3 pages
Cluster Headache Secondary to Macroprolactinoma with Ipsilateral Cavernous Sinus Invasion
1Department of Endocrinology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
2Department of Neurosurgery, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Received 23 May 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editors: S. D. Chang and J. C. Kattah
Copyright © 2012 M. J. Levy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Levy, H. R. Jäger, M. Powell, M. S. Matharu, K. Meeran, and P. J. Goadsby, “Pituitary volume and headache: size is not everything,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 721–725, 2004.
- M. J. Levy, M. S. Matharu, K. Meeran, M. Powell, and P. J. Goadsby, “The clinical characteristics of headache in patients with pituitary tumours,” Brain, vol. 128, no. 8, pp. 1921–1930, 2005.
- P. Milos, U. Havelius, and B. Hindfelt, “Clusterlike headache in a patient with a pituitary adenoma. With a review of the literature,” Headache, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 184–188, 1996.
- M. S. Matharu, M. J. Levy, R. T. Merry, and P. J. Goadsby, “SUNCT syndrome secondary to prolactinoma,” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 1590–1592, 2003.
- E. Soto-Cabrera, V. Chávez-Valencia, F. Zermeño-Pohls, and A. González-Aguilar, “Symptomatic episodic cluster headache as the first symptom of a prolactinoma,” Revista de Neurologia, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 165–166, 2009.
- K. Negoro, M. Kawai, Y. Tada, J. I. Ogasawara, S. Misumi, and M. Morimatsu, “A case of postprandial cluster-like headache with prolactinoma: dramatic response to cabergoline,” Headache, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 604–606, 2005.
- P. E. Jiménez Caballero, “SUNCT syndrome in a patient with prolactinoma and cabergoline-induced attacks,” Cephalalgia, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 76–78, 2007.
- A. J. Larner, “Headache induced by dopamine agonists prescribed for prolactinoma: think SUNCT!,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 360–361, 2006.
- P. J. Goadsby, “Pathophysiology of cluster headache: a trigeminal autonomic cephalgia,” Lancet Neurology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 251–257, 2002.
- A. Bahra, C. Buchel, R. Turner, and P. J. Goadsby, “Functional magnetic resonance imaging in spontaneous attacks of SUNCT: a short-lasting neuralgiform headache with conjunctival injection and tearing,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 791–794, 1999.