- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 467240, 3 pages
Sister Mary Joseph's Nodule as a First Manifestation of Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XX, UK
Received 16 September 2012; Accepted 9 October 2012
Academic Editors: L. Bjørge, M. Geary, J. Higgins, and K. Takeuchi
Copyright © 2012 C. Iavazzo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Touraud, N. Lentz, Y. Dutronc, E. Mercier, P. Sagot, and D. Lambert, “Umbilical cutaneous metastasis (Sister Mary Joseph's nodule) as the presenting symptom of an ovarian carcinoma,” Gynécologie Obstétrique & Fertilité, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 719–721, 2000.
- R. Renner and M. Sticherling, “Sister Mary Joseph's nodule as a metastasis of gallbladder carcinoma,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 505–507, 2007.
- H. Bolanaki, N. Courcoutsakis, G. Kouklakis, S. Kakolyris, and A. J. Karayiannakis, “Sister Mary Joseph's nodule as the first sign of pancreatic carcinoma,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer. In press.
- O. Ioannidis, A. Cheva, T. Stavrakis et al., “Sister Mary Joseph's nodule as the sole presenting sign of gastric signet ring cell adenocarcinoma,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 565–568, 2010.
- J. L. Powell, “Powell's pearls: eponyms in medical and surgical history. Sister Joseph's nodule; Sister Mary Joseph (1856–1939),” Journal of Surgical Education, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 442–443, 2011.
- R. Gabriele, M. Conte, F. Egidi, and M. Borghese, “Umbilical metastases: current viewpoint,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 3, no. 1, article 13, 2005.
- J. A. Papalas and M. A. Selim, “Metastatic vs primary malignant neoplasms affecting the umbilicus: clinicopathologic features of 77 tumors,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 237–242, 2011.
- F. Al-Mashat and A. M. Sibiany, “Sister Mary Joseph's nodule of the umbilicus: is it always of gastric origin? A review of eight cases at different sites of origin,” Indian Journal of Cancer, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2010.
- E. Kolwijck, E. A. Boss, A. M. van Altena, L. V. Beex, and L. F. Massuger, “Stage IV epithelial ovarian carcinoma in an 18year old patient presenting with a Sister Mary Joseph's nodule and metastasis in both breasts: a case report and review of the literature,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 583–585, 2007.
- M. T. Rahman, K. Nakayama, M. Rahman et al., “Sister Mary Joseph's nodule associated with rare endometrial squamous cell carcinoma,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 286, no. 3, pp. 711–715, 2012.
- S. Kurt, H. Camuzcuoglu, A. Camuzcuoglu, N. Dicle, and S. Tinar, “Umbilical metastasis of serous component as a first sign of mixed type epithelial ovarian cancer,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 455–457, 2009.
- Y. W. Kim, M. Srodon, and R. E. Bristow, “Stage IV micropapillary serous ovarian carcinoma: a report of three cases,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 235–238, 2005.
- U. Handa, S. Garg, and H. Mohan, “Fine-needle aspiration cytology of Sister Mary Joseph's (paraumbilical) nodules,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 348–350, 2008.