- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 490169, 3 pages
Acute Aortic Dissection in Pregnancy in a Woman with Undiagnosed Marfan Syndrome
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
2Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, SA 5142, Australia
Received 25 October 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editors: A. Awonuga, S. Z. A. Badawy, O. Oyesanya, and B. Piura
Copyright © 2012 Mandana Master and Gavin Day. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. A. McKusick, “The cardiovascular aspects of Marfan's syndrome: a heritable disorder of connective tissue,” Circulation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 321–342, 1955.
- L. J. Meijboom, F. E. Vos, J. Timmermans, G. H. Boers, A. H. Zwinderman, and B. J. M. Mulder, “Pregnancy and aortic root growth in the Marfan syndrome: a prospective study,” European Heart Journal, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 914–920, 2005.
- J. P. Rossiter, J. T. Repke, A. J. Morales, E. A. Murphy, and R. E. Pyeritz, “A prospective longitudinal evaluation of pregnancy in the Marfan syndrome,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 173, no. 5, pp. 1599–1606, 1995.
- S. Goland, M. Barakat, N. Khatri, and U. Elkayam, “Pregnancy in marfan syndrome maternal and fetal risk and recommendations for patient assessment and management,” Cardiology in Review, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 253–262, 2009.
- A. De Paepe, R. B. Devereux, H. C. Dietz, et al., “Revised diagnostic criteria for the Marfan syndrome,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 62, article 417, 1996.
- V. L. Gott, D. E. Cameron, D. E. Alejo et al., “Aortic root replacement in 271 Marfan patients: a 24-year experience,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 438–443, 2002.
- L. Houston, M. Tuuli, and G. MacOnes, “Marfan syndrome and aortic dissection in pregnancy,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 117, no. 4, pp. 956–960, 2011.