- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 783408, 3 pages
Spontaneous Resolution of Mirror Syndrome following Demise of Hydropic Twin
Prenatal Assessment Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Received 13 August 2012; Accepted 24 September 2012
Academic Editors: A. Awonuga, A. Fujimoto, and O. Picone
Copyright © 2012 Kate E. Oliver et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. C. Vidaeff, E. R. Pschirrer, J. M. Mastrobattista, L. C. Gilstrap, and S. M. Ramin, “Mirror syndrome: a case report,” Journal of Reproductive Medicine for the Obstetrician and Gynecologist, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 770–774, 2002.
- L. Carbillon, J. F. Oury, J. M. Guerin, A. Azancot, and P. Blot, “Clinical biological features of Ballantyne syndrome and the role of placental hydrops,” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 310–314, 1997.
- A. M. Goeden and D. Worthington, “Spontaneous resolution of mirror syndrome,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 1183–1186, 2005.
- D. Y. Midgley and K. Harding, “The mirror syndrome,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 88, pp. 201–202, 2000.
- S. Rana, S. Venkatesha, M. DePaepe, E. K. Chien, M. Paglia, and S. A. Karumanchi, “Cytomegalovirus-induced Mirror syndrome associated with elevated levels of circulating antiangiogenic factors,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 549–552, 2007.
- J. C. Livingston, K. M. Malik, T. M. Crombleholme, F. Y. Lim, and B. M. Sibai, “Mirror syndrome: a novel approach to therapy with fetal peritoneal-amniotic shunt,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 540–543, 2007.
- J. Espinoza, R. Romero, J. K. Nien et al., “A role of the anti-angiogenic factor sVEGFR-1 in the “mirror syndrome” (Ballantyne's syndrome),” Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 607–613, 2006.
- K. D. Heyborne and R. P. Porreco, “Selective fetocide reverses preeclampsia in discordant twins,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 477–480, 2004.