- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Oncological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 745292, 5 pages
Nonepiphyseal Giant Cell Tumor of the Rib: A Case Report
1Radiology Department, “Tzaneion” General Hospital, 1 Afentouli and Zanni STR, 18536 Piraeus, Greece
2First Department of Surgery, “Tzaneion” General Hosptial, 1 Afentouli and Zanni STR, 18536 Piraeus, Greece
Received 16 August 2012; Accepted 16 September 2012
Academic Editors: J. De la Garza, M. Romkes, and H. Wang
Copyright © 2012 Hippocrates Moschouris et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Dahlin, “Giant cell tumor of bone: highlights of 407 cases,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 955–960, 1985.
- H. W. Sung, D. P. Kuo, and W. P. Shu, “Giant-cell tumor of bone: analysis of two hundred and eight cases in Chinese patients,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 755–761, 1982.
- F. A. Burgener and M. Kormano, Differential Diagnosis in Conventional Radiology, Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- A. Briccoli, C. Malaguti, C. Iannetti, M. Rocca, and F. Bertoni, “Giant cell tumor of the rib,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 107–110, 2003.
- A. Kumar, M. K. Varshney, V. Trikha, and S. Rastogi, “An unusual presentation of a rare chest wall tumour: giant cell tumour of bone,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 100–102, 2007.
- V. Gupta and R. Mittal, “Giant cell tumor of rib—rare location on the anterior aspect,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 120, no. 3-4, pp. 231–232, 2000.
- R. H. V. Reddy, S. Queen, A. N. A. Jilaihawi, and D. Prakash, “Giant-cell tumour of the rib,” European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, vol. 24, no. 3, p. 450, 2003.
- J. S. Shin, I. S. Lee, A. Kim, and B. H. Kim, “Giant cell tumor originating from the anterior arc of the rib,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 849–851, 2002.
- U. Tateishi, G. W. Gladish, M. Kusumoto et al., “Chest wall tumors: radiologic findings and pathologic correlation: part 1. Benign tumors,” Radiographics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1477–1490, 2003.
- D. Van Nostrand, J. E. Madewell, and L. M. McNiesh, “Radionuclide bone scanning in giant cell tumor,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 329–338, 1986.
- J. Aoki, H. Watanabe, T. Shinozaki et al., “FDG PET of primary benign and malignant bone tumors: standardized uptake value in 52 lesions,” Radiology, vol. 219, no. 3, pp. 774–777, 2001.
- S. Ehara, T. Nakayama, J. Nishida, H. Shiraishi, H. Yoshioka, and J. Aoki, “Bone scintigraphic and CT evaluation of chondrosarcoma of the rib: correlation with histological grade in 6 cases,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 633–636, 2004.
- T. Bartalena, E. Rimondi, G. Rossi, G. Bianchi, and M. Alberghini, “Low grade central chondrosarcoma of the fifth costotransverse joint,” Australasian Radiology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. B122–B125, 2007.
- T. Akahane, K. Isobe, and T. Shimizu, “Serum total acid phosphatase for monitoring the clinical course of giant cell tumors of bone—26 Patients with 5 local recurrences,” Acta Orthopaedica, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 651–653, 2005.