- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Oncological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 507504, 4 pages
Cat Scratch Disease Presenting as Breast Cancer: A Report of an Unusual Case
1San Giuseppe Moscati Hospital of Avellino, General Surgery and Breast Unit, Italy
2Federico II Universitary Hospital of Naples, General Surgery, Italy
3Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
4Santa Maria alle Scotte University Hospital of Siena, Hematology, Italy
5San Giuseppe Moscati Hospital of Avellino, Radiology, Italy
6San Giuseppe Moscati Hospital of Avellino, Pathology, Italy
Received 8 January 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editors: A. Goodman, P. F. Lenehan, and J. I. Mayordomo
Copyright © 2013 Carlo Iannace et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. B. Chomel, “Cat-scratch disease,” OIE Revue Scientifique et Technique, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 136–150, 2000.
- A. M. Margileth, “Recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of cat scratch disease,” Current Infectious Disease Reports, vol. 2, pp. 141–146, 2000.
- J. J. Windsor, “Cat-scratch disease: epidemiology, aetiology and treatment,” British Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 101–110, 2001.
- M. Lefkowitz and D. J. Wear, “Cat-scratch disease masquerading as a solitary tumor of the breast,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 473–475, 1989.
- Q. Chess, V. Santarsieri, K. Kostroff, and G. Phillips, “Aspiration cytology of cat scratch disease of the breast,” Acta Cytologica, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 761–762, 1990.
- T. C. Gamblin, C. Nobles-James, R. A. Bradley, H. P. Katner, and P. S. Dale, “Cat scratch disease presenting as breast mastitis,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 254–255, 2005.
- S. Markaki, M. Sotiropoulou, P. Papaspirou, and D. Lazaris, “Cat-scratch disease presenting as a solitary tumour in the breast: report of three cases,” European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 175–178, 2003.
- C. Godet, F. Roblot, G. Le Moal, P. Roblot, J. P. Frat, and B. Becq-Giraudon, “Cat-scratch disease presenting as a breast mass,” Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 36, no. 6-7, pp. 494–495, 2004.
- S. P. Povoski, D. G. Spigos, and W. L. Marsh, “An unusual case of cat-scratch disease from bartonella quintana mimicking inflammatory breast cancer in a 50-year-old woman,” Breast Journal, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 497–500, 2003.
- D. J. Marchant, “Inflammation of the breast,” Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 89–102, 2002.
- M. E. Lobrano, M. J. Clayton, E. A. Levine, and A. W. Zieske, “Cat scratch disease of the breast,” Breast Journal, vol. 5, no. 1, p. 59, 1999.
- S. M. Fortune, C. M. Kaelin, J. M. Gulizia, and J. P. Daily, “Cat scratch disease presenting as a breast mass,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 95, no. 6, part 2, p. 1027, 2000.
- R. Miller-Catchpole, D. Variakojis, and J. W. Vardiman, “Cat scratch disease. Identification of bacteria in seven cases of lymphadenitis,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 276–281, 1986.
- B. Cotter, R. Maurer, and C. Hedinger, “Cat scratch disease: evidence for a bacterial etiology. A retrospective analysis using the Warthin-Starry stain,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 410, no. 2, pp. 103–106, 1986.
- Y. Hansmann, S. DeMartino, Y. Piémont et al., “Diagnosis of cat scratch disease with detection of Bartonella henselae by PCR: a study of patients with lymph node enlargement,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 3800–3806, 2005.
- D. A. Conrad, “Treatment of cat-scratch disease,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 56–59, 2001.