- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 370258, 4 pages
Atypical Clinical Presentation of Isolated Extraocular Muscle Sarcoid
1Orbital, Plastic and Lacrimal Clinic, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, 32 Gisborne Street, East Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
2Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent’s Hospital, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 14 December 2012
Academic Editors: S. Machida and M. Rosner
Copyright © 2012 Wing Lung Alvin So et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. A. Rybicki, M. J. Maliarik, M. Major, J. Popovich Jr., and M. C. Iannuzzi, “Epidemiology, demographics, and genetics of sarcoidosis,” Seminars in Respiratory Infections, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 166–173, 1998.
- C. D. Obenauf, H. E. Shaw, C. F. Sydnor, and G. K. Klintworth, “Sarcoidosis and its ophthalmic manifestations,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 648–655, 1978.
- J. M. T. Collison, N. R. Miller, and W. R. Green, “Involvement of orbital tissues by sarcoid,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 302–307, 1986.
- I. Mavrikakis and J. Rootman, “Diverse clinical presentations of orbital sarcoid,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 144, no. 5, pp. 769.e1–775.e1, 2007.
- W. T. Cornblath, V. Elner, and M. Rolfe, “Extraocular muscle involvement in sarcoidosis,” Ophthalmology, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 501–505, 1993.
- A. S. Patel, S. E. Kelman, G. W. Duncan, and V. Rismondo, “Painless diplopia caused by extraocular muscle sarcoid,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 7, pp. 879–880, 1994.
- K. Stannard and D. J. Spalton, “Sarcoidosis with infiltration of the external ocular muscles,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 562–566, 1985.
- S. E. Brooks, O. P. Sangueza, and R. S. Field, “Extraocular muscle involvement in sarcoidosis: a clinicopathologic report,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 125–128, 1997.
- J. Biswas, S. Krishnakumar, S. R. Raghavendran, and L. Mahesh, “Lid swelling and diplopia as presenting features of orbital sarcoid,” Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 231–233, 2000.
- I. Mombaerts, R. O. Schlingemann, R. Goldschmeding, and L. Koornneef, “Idiopathic granulomatous orbital inflammation,” Ophthalmology, vol. 103, no. 12, pp. 2135–2141, 1996.
- Y. Nishida, S. Tian, B. Isberg, L. Tallstedt, and G. Lennerstrand, “MRI measurements of orbital tissues in dysthyroid ophthalmopathy,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 239, no. 11, pp. 824–831, 2001.
- B. S. Grimson and K. B. Simons, “Orbital inflammation, myositis, and systemic lupus erythematosus,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 101, no. 5, pp. 736–738, 1983.
- A. Salam, G. Meligonis, and R. Malhotra, “Superior oblique myositis as an early feature of orbital Wegener's granulomatosis,” Orbit, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 203–206, 2008.
- I. Leibovitch, A. Galanopoulos, and D. Selva, “Suppurative granulomatous myositis of an extra-ocular muscle in Crohn's disease,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 100, no. 9, pp. 2136–2137, 2005.
- M. P. Golden and H. R. Vikram, “Extrapulmonary tuberculosis: an overview,” American Family Physician, vol. 72, no. 9, pp. 1761–1768, 2005.
- O. Ak, G. Dabak, S. Özer, A. Saygi, and R. Dabak, “The evaluation of the Quantiferon-TB Gold test in pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis,” Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 149–151, 2009.
- A. Hornblass, F. A. Jakobiec, D. M. Reifler, and J. Mines, “Orbital lymphoid tumors located predominantly within extraocular muscles,” Ophthalmology, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 688–697, 1987.
- G. J. Harris, M. L. Murphy, E. W. Schmidt, G. A. Hanson, and R. M. Dotson, “Orbital myositis as a paraneoplastic syndrome,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 380–386, 1994.
- C. Wasmeier, K. Pfadenhauer, and A. Rösler, “Idiopathic inflammatory pseudotumor of the orbit and Tolosa-Hunt syndrome—are they the same disease?” Journal of Neurology, vol. 249, no. 9, pp. 1237–1241, 2002.
- S. Collins, P. McKelvie, X. Dennett, and E. Byrne, “Idiopathic granulomatous myositis: does the clinical spectrum include polymyalgia rheumatica?” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 255–259, 1999.