- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 803989, 5 pages
Severe Macular Edema in Patients with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis-Related Uveitis
1Department of Ophthalmology, Ocular Immunovirology Service, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
2Department of Biotechnological and Applied Clinical Sciences, Eye Clinic, University of L'Aquila, Italy
Received 3 June 2013; Accepted 21 July 2013
Academic Editors: H. Y. Chen, A. Ferreras, and S. Machida
Copyright © 2013 Maria Pia Paroli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. P. Paroli, G. Spinucci, C. Fabiani, and P. Pivetti-Pezzi, “Retinal complications of juvenile idiopathic arthritis-related uveitis: a microperimetry and optical coherence tomography study,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 54–59, 2010.
- A. Rothova, “Inflammatory cystoid macular edema,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 487–492, 2007.
- K. Kotaniemi and H. Penttilä, “Intraocular lens implantation in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitis,” Ophthalmic Research, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 318–323, 2006.
- C. Edelsten, V. Lee, C. R. Bentley, J. J. Kanski, and E. M. Graham, “An evaluation of baseline risk factors predicting severity in juvenile idiopathic arthritis associated uveitis and other chronic anterior uveitis in early childhood,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2002.
- L. Iannetti, M. Accorinti, M. Liverani, C. Caggiano, R. Abdulaziz, and P. Pivetti-Pezzi, “Optical coherence tomography for classification and clinical evaluation of macular edema in patients with uveitis,” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 155–160, 2008.
- F. Woreta, J. E. Thorne, D. A. Jabs, S. R. Kedhar, and J. P. Dunn, “Risk factors for ocular complications and poor visual acuity at presentation among patients with uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 647–655, 2007.
- R. K. Chaurasia, R. Singh, J. K. Agrawal, and O. P. Maurya, “Sex hormones and diabetic retinopathy,” Annals of Ophthalmology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 227–230, 1993.
- M. Tanemura, N. Miyamoto, M. Mandai et al., “The role of estrogen and estrogen receptorβ in choroidal neovascularization,” Molecular Vision, vol. 10, pp. 923–932, 2004.
- C. Sanghvi, K. Aziz, and N. P. Jones, “Uveitis and the menstrual cycle,” Eye, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 451–454, 2004.