- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 173921, 4 pages
Secondary Hip Osteoarthritis due to Neurofibroma Treated with Total Hip Replacement
Division of Arthroplasty, Orthopedic Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Suite 476A, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X5, Canada
Received 9 September 2012; Accepted 9 October 2012
Academic Editors: K. Erler, A. H. Kivioja, and A. Sakamoto
Copyright © 2012 Suksan Tangsataporn et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Feldman, “Tuberous sclerosis, neurofibromatosis and fibrous dysplasia,” in Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, D. Resnick, Ed., pp. 4800–4825, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2002.
- W. T. Meszaros, F. Guzzo, and H. Schorsch, “Neurofibromatosis,” The American journal of roentgenology, radium therapy, and nuclear medicine, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 557–569, 1966.
- J. G. Galbraith, J. S. Butler, and J. A. Harty, “Recurrent spontaneous hip dislocation in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 5, article 106, 2011.
- T. Odent, P. Ranger, M. Aarabi, R. C. Hamdy, and F. Fassier, “Total hip arthroplasty in a patient with neurofibromatosis type I and recurrent spontaneous hip dislocation,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 219–220, 2004.
- D. H. Gutmann, A. Aylsworth, J. C. Carey et al., “The diagnostic evaluation and multidisciplinary management of neurofibromatosis 1 and neurofibromatosis 2,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 278, no. 1, pp. 51–57, 1997.
- D. G. Hope and J. J. Mulvihill, “Malignancy in neurofibromatosis,” Advances in Neurology, vol. 29, pp. 33–56, 1981.
- N. Haga, S. Nakamura, K. Taniguchi, and T. Iwaya, “Pathologic dislocation of the hip in von Recklinghausen's disease: a report of two cases,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 674–676, 1994.
- M. J. Archibeck, A. G. Rosenberg, R. A. Berger, and C. D. Silverton, “Trochanteric osteotomy and fixation during total hip arthroplasty,” The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 163–173, 2003.
- S. J. Kaplan, W. H. Thomas, and R. Poss, “Trochanteric advancement for recurrent dislocation after total hip arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 119–124, 1987.
- A. Ekelund, “Trochanteric osteotomy for recurrent dislocation of total hip arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 629–632, 1993.