- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 624628, 5 pages
Skeletal Manifestations of Scurvy: A Case Report from Dubai
1Department of Surgery, Section of Orthopaedics, Aga Khan University, P.O. Box 3500, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
2Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Aga Khan University, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
3Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Section of Anatomy, Aga Khan University, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Received 6 June 2012; Accepted 1 August 2012
Academic Editors: A. Jawahar, D. S. Karataglis, and A. Sakamoto
Copyright © 2012 Shahryar Noordin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kimura and T. R. Southwood, “Evaluation of the child with joint pain or swelling,” 2010, http://www.uptodate.com/.
- A. Bari, B. K. Javaid, S. Rehman, and S. Naz, “Scurvy: presenting as musculoskeletad pain,” Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 198–200, 2009.
- H. A. Algahtani, A. P. Abdu, I. M. Khojah, and A. M. Al-Khathaami, “Inability to walk due to scurvy: a forgotten disease,” Annals of Saudi Medicine, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 325–328, 2010.
- V. Kumar and P. Choudhury, “Scurvy-a forgotten disease with an unusual presentation,” Tropical Doctor, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 190–192, 2009.
- S. Ratanachu-Ek, Y. Jeerathanyasakun, P. Sukswai, and L. Wongtapradit, “Scurvy in pediatric patients: a review of 28 cases,” Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, vol. 86, pp. S734–S740, 2003.
- F. G. Riepe, D. Eichmann, H. C. Oppermann, H. J. Schmitt, and W. W. Tunnessen, “Picture of the month,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 155, no. 5, pp. 607–608, 2001.
- S. R. Kotamasu, “Metabolic bone diseases,” in Caffey's Pediatric Diagnostic Imaging, P. J. Kuhn, T. L. Slovis, and J. O. Heller, Eds., pp. 2242–2268, Mosby-Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 10th edition, 2004.
- A. E. Oestreich, “The acrophysis: a unifying concept for understanding enchondral bone growth and its disorders. II. Abnormal growth,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 119–128, 2004.
- T. Laor, D. Jaramillo, and A. E. Oestreich, “Musculoskeletal system,” in Practical Pediatric Imaging: Diagnostic Radiology of Infants and Children, D. R. Kinks and N. T. Grisson, Eds., pp. 452–445, Lippincott & Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1998.
- C. P. Duggan, S. J. Westra, and A. E. Rosenberg, “Case 23-2007: a 9-year-old boy with bone pain, rash, and gingival hypertrophy,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 4, pp. 330–400, 2007.
- M. Weinstein, P. Babyn, and S. Zlotkin, “An orange a day keeps the doctor away: scurvy in the year 2000,” Pediatrics, vol. 108, no. 3, p. E55, 2001.
- O. Fain, “Musculoskeletal manifestations of scurvy,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 124–128, 2005.
- P. Emadi-Konjin, Z. Verjee, A. V. Levin, and K. Adeli, “Measurement of intracellular vitamin C levels in human lymphocytes by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC),” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 450–456, 2005.
- S. A. Cohen and R. J. Paeglow, “Scurvy: an unusual cause of anemia,” Journal of the American Board of Family Practice, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 314–316, 2001.
- M. Levine, C. Conry-Cantilena, Y. Wang et al., “Vitamin C pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers: evidence for a recommended dietary allowance,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 93, no. 8, pp. 3704–3709, 1996.