- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Orthopedics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 806769, 4 pages
Calcific Tendonitis of the Rotator Cuff: An Unusual Case
1Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kurume University Medical Center, 155 Kokubu-machi, Kurume, Fukuoka 839-0863, Japan
2Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kurume University, 67 Asahi-machi, Kurume, Fukuoka 830-0011, Japan
Received 14 December 2011; Accepted 29 January 2012
Academic Editors: G. Erkula and H. J. Siegel
Copyright © 2012 Yasuhiro Mitsui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. F. DePalma and J. S. Kruper, “Long term study of shoulder joints afflicted with and treated for calcific tendonitis,” Clinical Orthopaedics, vol. 20, pp. 61–72, 1961.
- J. W. Ark, T. J. Flock, E. L. Flatow, and L. U. Bigliani, “Arthroscopic treatment of calcific tendinitis of the shoulder,” Arthroscopy, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 1992.
- R. Seil, H. Litzenburger, D. Kohn, and S. Rupp, “Arthroscopic treatment of chronically painful calcifying tendinitis of the supraspinatus tendon,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 521–527, 2006.
- P. Arrigoni, P. C. Brady, and S. S. Burkhart, “Calcific tendinitis of the subscapularis tendon causing subcoracoid stenosis and coracoid impingement,” Arthroscopy, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1139.e1–1139.e3, 2006.
- R. J. Hawkins and J. C. Kennedy, “Impingement syndrome in athletes,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 151–158, 1980.
- C. S. Neer, “Impingement lesions,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 173, pp. 70–77, 1983.
- C. Gerber, O. Hersche, and A. Farron, “Isolated rupture of the subscapularis tendon: results of operative repair,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 78, no. 7, pp. 1015–1023, 1996.
- M. Scheibel, P. Magosch, M. Pritsch, S. Lichtenberg, and P. Habermeyer, “The belly-off sign: a new clinical diagnostic sign for subscapularis lesions,” Arthroscopy, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1229–1235, 2005.
- R. K. Lippman, “Observations concerning the calcific cuff deposit,” Clinical Orthopaedics, vol. 20, pp. 49–59, 1961.
- H. K. Uhthoff and J. F. Löhr, “Calcifying tendinitis,” in The Shoulder, C. A. Rockwood and F. A. Matsen, Eds., pp. 989–1008, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1998.
- F. Franceschi, U. G. Longo, L. Ruzzini, G. Rizzello, and V. Denaro, “Arthroscopic management of calcific tendinitis of the subscapularis tendon,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1482–1485, 2007.
- A. Ifesanya and M. Scheibel, “Arthroscopic treatment of calcifying tendonitis of subscapularis and supraspinatus tendon: a case report,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1473–1477, 2007.
- T. Manaka, et al., “Clinical evaluation of arthroscopic calcification removal for calcifying tendinitis,” Katakansetsu, vol. 31, pp. 641–644, 2007.
- M. Sabeti-Aschraf, C. Gonano, E. Nemecek, L. Cichocki, and C. Schueller-Weidekamm, “Intra-operative ultrasound facilitates the localization of the calcific deposit during arthroscopic treatment of calcifying tendinitis,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1792–1794, 2010.
- G. Porcellini, P. Paladini, F. Campi, and M. Paganelli, “Arthroscopic treatment of calcifying tendinitis of the shoulder: clinical and ultrasonographic follow-up findings at two to five years,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 503–508, 2004.
- J. M. Wright, B. Heavrin, R. J. Hawkins, and T. Noonan, “Arthroscopic visualization of the subscapularis tendon,” Arthroscopy, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 677–684, 2001.