- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139310, 6 pages
A Case of Radiation-Induced Multifocal Laryngeal Angiosarcoma Presenting as a Diagnostic Dilemma
1Division of Laryngology, Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Boston, MA 02114, USA
2Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, M5G 2Mg, Canada
3Department of Radiation Oncology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
4Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
5Department of Surgery, John D. Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Received 10 June 2012; Accepted 28 June 2012
Academic Editors: M.-K. Chen and W. Issing
Copyright © 2012 Jayme R. Dowdall et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. L. Thomas, “Non-epithelial tumours of the larynx,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 93, no. 11, pp. 1131–1141, 1979.
- K. Miura, Y. Kum, G. Han, and Y. Tsutsui, “Radiation-induced laryngeal angiosarcoma after cervical tuberculosis and squamous cell carcinoma: case report and review of the literature,” Pathology International, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 710–715, 2003.
- W. B. Laskin, T. A. Silverman, and F. M. Enzinger, “Postradiation soft tissue sarcomas: an analysis of 53 cases,” Cancer, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 2330–2340, 1988.
- B. M. Loos, J. A. Wieneke, and L. D. R. Thompson, “Laryngeal angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic study of five cases with a review of the literature,” Laryngoscope, vol. 111, no. 7, pp. 1197–1202, 2001.
- R. Sorrentino, R. Vitiello, and M. L. Castelli, “Angiosarcoma of the larynx. Case report and review of the literature,” Acta Otorhinolaryngologica Italica, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 191–193, 2003.
- A. M. Grady, V. Krishnan, and L. Cohen, “Postirradiation angiosarcoma of the head and neck: report of a case,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 828–831, 2002.
- W. R. Panje, W. J. Moran, D. G. Bostwick, and V. V. Kitt, “Angiosarcoma of the head and neck: review of 11 cases,” Laryngoscope, vol. 96, no. 12, pp. 1381–1384, 1986.
- R. Yasumatsu, N. Hirakawa, and K. Tomita, “Postradiation angiosarcoma of the tongue,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 257, no. 8, pp. 464–465, 2000.
- G. T. Budd, “Management of angiosarcoma,” Current Oncology Reports, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 515–519, 2002.
- A. Ferlito, P. Nicolai, and G. Caruso, “Angiosarcoma of the larynx. Case report,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 94, no. 1, part 1, pp. 93–95, 1985.
- J. M. Meis-Kindblom and L. G. Kindblom, “Angiosarcoma of soft tissue: a study of 80 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 683–697, 1998.
- J. M. Bardwil, E. E. Mocega, J. J. Butler, and D. J. Russin, “Angiosarcomas of the head and neck region,” The American Journal of Surgery, vol. 116, no. 4, pp. 548–553, 1968.
- W. M. Lydiatt, A. R. Shaha, and J. P. Shah, “Angiosarcoma of the head and neck,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 168, no. 5, pp. 451–454, 1994.