- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 489638, 4 pages
Necrotizing Craniocervical Soft Tissue Infections: Clinical Experience and Personal Considerations
1Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Insubria, Varese, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Via Guicciardini 9, 21100 Varese, Italy
2Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana, Via Paradisa 2, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Received 12 October 2012; Accepted 1 November 2012
Academic Editors: E. Mevio and M. B. Naguib
Copyright © 2012 Stefania Gallo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. H. Maisel and R. Karlen, “Cervical necrotizing fasciitis,” Laryngoscope, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 795–798, 1994.
- R. J. Balcerak, J. M. Sisto, and R. C. Bosack, “Cervicofacial necrotizing fasciitis: report of three cases and literature review,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 450–459, 1988.
- H. J. Beck, J. R. Salassa, T. V. McCaffrey, and P. E. Hermans, “Life-threatening soft-tissue infections of the neck,” Laryngoscope, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 354–362, 1984.
- D. E. Henrich, S. Mukherji, T. L. Smith, and A. F. Drake, “Pediatric craniocervical necrotizing fasciitis,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 72–74, 1996.
- A. K. Lalwani and M. J. Kaplan, “Mediastinal and thoracic complications of necrotizing fasciitis of the head and neck,” Head and Neck, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 531–539, 1991.
- J. Uram and M. S. Hauser, “Deep neck and mediastinal necrotizing infection secondary to a traumatic intubation: report of a case,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 788–791, 1988.
- J. M. Reed and V. K. Anand, “Odontogenic cervical necrotizing fasciitis with intrathoracic extension,” Otolaryngology, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 596–600, 1992.
- A. Chaplain, J. P. Gouello, and J. Dubin, “Acute cervical necrotizing fasciitis of pharyngeal origin: possible role of steroidal and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. A propose of 5 cases,” Revue de Laryngologie Otologie Rhinologie, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 377–380, 1996.
- J. W. Lee, S. B. Immerman, and L. G. T. Morris, “Techniques for early diagnosis and management of cervicofacial necrotising fasciitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 124, no. 7, pp. 759–764, 2010.
- S. Kantu and G. Har-El, “Cervical necrotizing fasciitis,” Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 965–970, 1997.
- S. J. Bahu, T. Y. Shibuya, R. J. Meleca et al., “Craniocervical necrotizing fasciitis: an 11-year experience,” Otolaryngology, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 2001.
- F. P. J. Langford, R. E. Moon, B. W. Stolp, and R. L. Scher, “Treatment of cervical necrotizing fasciitis with hyperbaric oxygen therapy,” Otolaryngology, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 274–278, 1995.
- C. E. Flanagan, O. O. Daramola, R. H. Maisel, C. Adkinson, and R. M. Odland, “Surgical debridement and adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen in cervical necrotizing fasciitis,” Otolaryngology, vol. 140, no. 5, pp. 730–734, 2009.
- C. Dunn, U. Raghavan, and A. G. Pfleiderer, “The use of maggots in head and neck necrotizing fasciitis,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 70–72, 2002.