- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 537381, 3 pages
Myoepithelial Cell-Rich Pleormorphic Adenoma of Minor Salivary Gland of Parapharyngeal Space
1Department of E.N.T, S.M.S. Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004, India
2Department of E.N.T, N.K.P. Salve Institute and Lata Mangeshkar Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440019, India
3S.D.M. Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004, India
Received 29 April 2012; Accepted 24 June 2012
Academic Editors: A. Rapoport and A. Taş
Copyright © 2012 Digvijay Singh Rawat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Chijiwa, T. Mihoki, B. Shin, K. Sakamoto, H. Umeno, and T. Nakashima, “Clinical study of parapharyngeal space tumours,” The Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 123, pp. 100–103, 2009.
- A. H. Hakeem, B. Hazarika, S. A. Pradhan, and R. Kannan, “Primary pleomorphic adenoma of minor salivary gland in the parapharyngeal space,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 7, article 85, 2009.
- D. Moraitis, K. Papakostas, A. Karkanevatos, G. J. Coast, and S. R. Jackson, “Pleomorphic adenoma causing acute airway obstruction,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 634–636, 2000.
- J. B. McHugh, D. W. Visscher, and E. L. Barnes, “Update on selected salivary gland neoplasms,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 133, no. 11, pp. 1763–1774, 2009.
- J. W. Eveson and R. A. Cawson, “Salivary gland tumours. A review of 2410 cases with particular reference to histological types, site, age and sex distribution,” Journal of Pathology, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 51–58, 1985.
- S. H. Kim, “Simultaneous primary pleomorphic adenoma in parotid gland and minor salivary gland in the parapharyngeal space,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 829–830, 2001.
- C. J. Burke, R. H. Thomas, and D. Howlett, “Imaging the major salivary glands,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 261–269, 2011.
- F. R. Miller, J. R. Wanamaker, P. Lavertu, and B. G. Wood, “Magnetic resonance imaging and the management of parapharyngeal space tumors,” Head and Neck, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 67–77, 1996.
- M. Gangopadhyay, A. Bandopadhyay, S. Sinha, and S. Chakroborty, “Clinicopathologic study of parapharyngeal tumors,” Journal of Cytology, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2012.
- P. J. Bradley, P. T. Bradley, and K. D. Olsen, “Update on the management of parapharyngeal tumours,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 92–98, 2011.
- P. M. Speight, “Update on diagnostic difficulties in lesions of the minor salivary glands,” Head and neck pathology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 2007.
- A. Avci, O. Gunhan, F. Cakalagaoglu, A. Gunal, and B. Celasun, “The cell with a thousand faces: detection of myoepithelial cells and their contributions in the cytological diagnosis of salivary gland tumors,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 220–227, 2012.
- R. F. Ianez, M. E. Buim, C. M. Coutinho-Camillo, R. Schultz, F. A. Soares, and S. V. Lourenço, “Human salivary gland morphogenesis: myoepithelial cell maturation assessed by immunohistochemical markers,” Histopathology, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 410–417, 2010.