- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Otolaryngology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 712365, 3 pages
A Rare Case of Paediatric Neck Swelling: Cervical Sympathetic Chain Schwannoma
Department of Surgery, Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 8, Ireland
Received 12 March 2013; Accepted 7 April 2013
Academic Editors: K. Morshed and G. Zhou
Copyright © 2013 E. Keane et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. F. Sheridan and D. W. S. Yim, “Cervical sympathetic schwannoma: a case report and review of the English literature,” Otolaryngology, vol. 117, no. 6, pp. S206–S210, 1997.
- T. K. Das Gupta, R. D. Brasfield, E. W. Strong, and S. I. Hajdu, “Benign solitary schwannomas (neurilemomas),” Cancer, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 355–366, 1969.
- J. Verocay, F. Festscrift, C. Wien, and L. W. Braunmiller, “Multiple geschwulste als systemerkrank ung am nervosen,” pp. 378–415, 1908.
- J. W. Souza, J. T. Williams, M. L. Dalton, and M. M. Solis, “Schwannoma of the cervical sympathetic chain: it's not a carotid body tumor,” American Surgeon, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2000.
- M. M. Sharaki, M. Talaat, and S. M. Hamam, “Schwannoma of the neck,” Clinical Otolaryngology, vol. 20, pp. 428–433, 1982.
- H. S. Gilmer-Hill and D. G. Kline, “Neurogenic tumors of the cervical vagus nerve: report of four cases and review of the literature,” Neurosurgery, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1498–1503, 2000.
- R. Al-Abri, S. Kumar, P. Chopra, and P. A. M. Saparamadu, “Schwannoma of the cervical symphathetic chain,” Sultan Qaboos University Medical Sciences Journal, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 403–406, 2011.
- H. L. Liu, S. Y. Yu, G. K. Li, et al., “Extracranial head and neck schwannomas: a study of the nerve of origin,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 268, no. 9, pp. 1343–1347, 2011.
- M. P. Colreavy, P. D. Lacey, J. Hughes, et al., “Head and neck schwannomas—a 10 year case review,” The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, vol. 114, pp. 199–124, 2000.
- E. Cashman, L. J. Skinner, and C. Timon, “Thyroid swelling: an unusual presentation of a cervical sympathetic chain schwannoma,” Medscape, vol. 10, no. 8, article 201, 2008.
- G. Handzic-Cuk, S. Sinnovic, and Z. Bumber, “Malignant schwannoma of the sympathetic chain, combined with plexiform neurofibromas of the tongue and larynx in a patient with von Recklinghausen's disease,” European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol. 254, no. 1, pp. 20–21, 1997.
- M. Rosner, W. Fisher, L. Mulligan, D. G. Kline, M. Kliot, and J. N. Campbell, “Cervical sympathetic schwannoma: case report,” Neurosurgery, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1452–1454, 2001.