Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 284064, 3 pages
Dome-Type: A Distinctive Variant of Colonic Adenocarcinoma
1Service de Pathologie Clinique, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
2Division of Gastroenterology, “G. Fracastoro” City Hospital, Verona, Italy
Received 29 July 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editors: S.-I. Motegi, M. M. Picken, and T. Strecker
Copyright © 2012 Giacomo Puppa and Mariella Molaro. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. De Petris, R. Lev, D. M. Quirk, P. R. Ferbend, J. R. Butmarc, and K. Elenitoba-Johnson, “Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the colon in a patient with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 123, no. 8, pp. 720–724, 1999.
- J. R. Jass, L. Constable, R. Sutherland et al., “Adenocarcinoma of colon differentiating as dome epithelium of gut-associated lymphoid tissue,” Histopathology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 116–120, 2000.
- L. Asmussen, J. Pachler, and S. Holck, “Colorectal carcinoma with dome-like phenotype: an under-recognised subset of colorectal carcinoma?” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 482–486, 2008.
- A. D. Clouston, D. R. Clouston, and J. R. Jass, “Adenocarcinoma of colon differentiating as dome epithelium of gut-associated lymphoid tissue,” Histopathology, vol. 37, no. 6, p. 567, 2000.
- J. D. Coyne, “Dome-type colorectal carcinoma: a case report and review of the literature,” Colorectal Disease, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. e360–e362, 2012.
- C. J. R. Stewart, S. Hillery, N. Newman, C. Platell, and G. Ryan, “Dome-type carcinoma of the colon,” Histopathology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 231–234, 2008.
- M. Yamada, S. Sekine, T. Matsuda et al., “Dome-type carcinoma of the colon, a rare variant of adenocarcinoma resembling a submucosal tumor: a case report,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 1, p. 21, 2012.