Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 802515, 3 pages
Primary Renal Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3550 Terrace Street, A614 Scaife Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Received 1 August 2012; Accepted 25 September 2012
Academic Editors: M. Guindi, I. Reuter, and D. Vlachodimitropoulos
Copyright © 2012 S. Roy and A. V. Parwani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. D. M. Fletcher, K. K. Unni, and F. Mertens, Eds., Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Soft Tissue and Bone, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2002.
- F. Karasavvidou, S. Barbanis, S. Gravas et al., “Primary renal epithelioid hemangioendothelioma,” Onkologie, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 203–205, 2009.
- “Hemangioendothelioma,” in Soft Tissue Tumors, S. W. Weiss and J. R. Goldblum, Eds., pp. 681–687, Mosby, China, 5th edition, 2008.
- P. Sanjay, S. Raman, J. Shannon, G. T. Williams, and A. Woodward, “Gastric epithelioid haemangioendothelioma: a rare cause of upper gastrointestinal bleeding,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 81, no. 958, article e7, 2005.
- A. Mehrabi, A. Kashfi, H. Fonouni et al., “Primary malignant hepatic epithelioid hemangioendothelioma: a comprehensive review of the literature with emphasis on the surgical therapy,” Cancer, vol. 107, no. 9, pp. 2108–2121, 2006.
- C. Celikel, P. F. Yumuk, G. Basaran, B. Yildizeli, N. Kodalli, and R. Ahiskali, “Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma with multiple organ involvement: report of two cases and review of the literature,” Acta Pathologica, Microbiologica et Immunologica Scandinavica, vol. 115, no. 7, pp. 881–888, 2007.
- D. Chatterjee and A. Powell, “Renal hemangioendothelioma,” International Surgery, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 373–375, 1982.
- F. Gonzalez-Crussi, C. Sotelo-Avila, and J. M. Kidd, “Mesenchymal renal tumors in infancy: a reappraisal,” Human Pathology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 78–85, 1981.
- B. Ljungberg, D. C. Hanbury, M. A. Kuczyk et al., “Renal cell carcinoma guideline,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1502–1510, 2007.
- P. Russo, “For small renal tumors, kidney sparing surgery provides local tumor control and prevents chronic kidney disease,” Onkologie, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 92–93, 2007.