- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pathology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 831403, 4 pages
Papillary Renal Carcinoma Arising in an Ectopic Native Kidney and Status after Renal Transplant: A Report of a Unique Case and Review of the Literature
1Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University in St. Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, P.O. Box 8118, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
2Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103-8720, USA
Received 17 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editors: T. Hasebe, O. Hes, M. M. Picken, and N. Seki
Copyright © 2012 Xiangdong Xu and Noel Weidner. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. D. Stephens, E. D. Smith, and J. M. Hutson, Congenital Anomalies of the Kidney, Urinary and Genital Tracts, Martin Dunitz, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2002.
- M. F. Campbell, A. J. Wein, and L. R. Kavoussi, Campbell-WAlsh Urology / Editor-in-Chief, Alan J. Wein ; Editors, Louis R. Kavoussi … [Et Al.], W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 9th edn edition, 2007.
- A. Singer and M. Z. Simmons, “Spectrum of congenital renal anomalies presenting in adulthood,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2008.
- K. N. Rattan, S. Rohilla, R. Narang, S. K. Rattan, S. Maggu, and D. B. Dhaulakhandi, “Thoracic kidney associated with congenital diaphragmatic hernia,” Congenital Anomalies, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 118–120, 2009.
- F. Coşkun, M. Cetinkaya, O. Cengiz, O. Adsan, S. Kulaçoǧlu, and A. Eroǧlu, “Metastatic carcinoma of the gallbladder due to renal cell carcinoma in the ectopic kidney,” Acta Chirurgica Belgica, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 56–58, 1995.
- T. Basoglu, F. Canbaz, I. Bernay, and M. Sahin, “Technetium-99m-DTPA images of a renal cell carcinoma arising in a crossed-ectopic fused kidney,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 9–949, 1998.
- G. Stimac, J. Dimanovski, B. Ruzic, B. Spajic, and O. Kraus, “Tumors in kidney fusion anomalies: report of five cases and review of the literature,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 485–489, 2004.
- C. Terrone, P. Destefanis, C. Fiori, D. Savio, and D. Fontana, “Renal cell cancer in presacral ectopic kidney: preoperative diagnostic imaging compared to surgical sindings,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 174–175, 2004.
- F. R. Romero, D. Y. Chan, M. Muntener, H. S. Bagga, F. A. R. Brito, and L. R. Kavoussi, “Laparoscopic heminephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma in cross-fused ectopic kidney,” Urology, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 779–e11, 2007.
- C. M. Davis, M. V. Rao, R. C. Flanigan, and M. L. Quek, “Renal cell carcinoma in two patients with crossed fused ectopic kidneys,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 370–372, 2008.
- A. B. Grotas and J. L. Phillips, “Renal mass in solitary, crossed, ectopic pelvic kidney,” Urology, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1223–1224, 2009.
- B. L. Kasiske, J. J. Snyder, D. T. Gilbertson, and C. Wang, “Cancer after kidney transplantation in the United States,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 905–913, 2004.
- B. Delahunt and J. N. Eble, “Papillary renal cell carcinoma,” in WHO Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs, J. N. Eble, G. Sauter, J. I. Epstein, and I. A. Sesterhenn, Eds., pp. 27–29, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2004.
- B. R. Pober, “Overview of epidemiology, genetics, birth defects, and chromosome abnormalities associated with CDH,” American Journal of Medical Genetics C, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 158–171, 2007.
- T. Klatte, C. Seitz, M. Waldert et al., “Features and outcomes of renal cell carcinoma of native kidneys in renal transplant recipients,” BJU International, vol. 105, no. 9, pp. 1260–1265, 2010.