- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 831649, 4 pages
A Rare Form of Heteropagus Twinning: Three-Armed Infant with Spinal Dysraphism
1Radiology Department, Sifa University, Izmir, Turkey
2Department of Pediatrics, Sifa University, Izmir, Turkey
3Department of Pediatrics, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Received 3 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editors: J. Kobr and I. Riaño Galán
Copyright © 2012 Aynur Solak et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Debnath and S. K. Biswas, “Heteropagus twinning on back—a case report,” Journal of the Indian Medical Association, vol. 109, no. 7, pp. 514–515, 2011.
- R. Jones and F. C. Larkin, “Removal of accessory limb and a meningocele from the back of a child and its anatomy,” BMJ, vol. 2, pp. 310–311, 1889.
- M. Kantarci, F. Alper, S. Eren et al., “Omphalopagus conjoined twins: ultrafast MR imaging findings,” Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 187–189, 2006.
- S. K. Ratan, K. N. Rattan, S. Magu, S. Rohilla, P. Purwar, and S. K. Mathur, “Thoracolumbar rachipagus parasite,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 298–300, 2004.
- R. Chadha, D. Bagga, C. J. Malhotra, A. Dhar, and A. Kumar, “Accessory limb attached to the back,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1615–1617, 1993.
- R. Chadha, P. Lal, D. Singh, A. Sharma, and S. R. Choudhury, “Lumbosacral parasitic rachipagus twin,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. E45–E48, 2006.
- J. Zhang, H. Duan, Y. Zhang, Z. Yi, and S. Bao, “Parasitic rachipagus conjoined twins with spina bifida, diplomyelia, scoliosis, tethered cord syndrome, and ventricular septal defect: case report,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 736–739, 2011.
- D. Akyol, V. Baltacı, H. Kozinoğlu et al., “Accessory limb attached to the back,” Turkish Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 29, pp. 199–201, 1999.
- T. D. Stephens, J. R. Siebert, J. M. Graham, and J. B. Beckwith, “Parasitic conjoined twins, two cases, and their relation to limb morphogenesis,” Teratology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 115–121, 1982.
- E. Derniaux, D. Zachar, J. P. Bory, D. Gaillard, R. Favre, and O. Graesslin, “Detection of a prenatal mature tumor arising from the external genitalia in a female fetus: fetus-in-fetu or teratoma?” Prenatal Diagnosis, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1110–1111, 2010.
- G. Lende, W. Wendemu, S. Mørk, and K. Wester, “A girl with spina bifida, an extra leg, and ectopic intestinal loops—a “foetus in foetu” or a whim of the neural crest?” Acta Neurochirurgica, vol. 149, no. 10, pp. 1071–1075, 2007.
- J. Sun, S. VongPhet, Z. Zhang, and J. Mo, “Fetus-in-fetu: imaging and pathologic findings,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 147–150, 2012.
- P. Chandramouli, T. K. Subramaniam, and S. M. J. Joseph, “Thoracic and sacrococcygeal fetus in fetu,” Indian Journal of Surgery, vol. 50, pp. 41–42, 1988.
- M. J. Varanelli, S. A. J. Bokhari, F. M. Katai, and L. Scoutt, “Case 55: fetus in fetu,” Radiology, vol. 226, no. 2, pp. 517–520, 2003.
- J. H. Y. Chua, C. H. Chiu, T. R. Sai Prasad, A. S. Jacobsen, A. Meenakshi, and W. S. Hwang, “Fetus-in-fetu in the pelvis: report of a case and literature review,” Annals of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 646–649, 2005.
- V. Agrawal, M. K. Joshi, and S. Gomber, “Unusual presentation of fetus-in-fetu mimicking malignant teratoma,” Tropical Gastroenterology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 141–143, 2011.
- K. L. Hopkin, P. K. Dickson, T. I. Ball, R. R. Ricketts, P. A. Oshea, and C. R. Abramovosky, “Fetus in fetu with malignant recurence,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 32, pp. 1476–1479, 1997.
- A. Krishna, S. Chandna, N. K. Mishra, A. K. Gupta, and P. Upadhyaya, “Accessory limb associated with spina bifida,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 604–606, 1989.
- L. Sharma, R. B. Singh, J. S. Bhargava, and V. K. Sharma, “Accessory limbs with spinal lesions,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 227–229, 1991.