- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Pediatrics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 896014, 3 pages
Invasive Group B Streptococcal Disease in Two Pediatric Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
1Department of Pediatrics, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, 121 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
2Department of Pediatrics, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Patterson, NJ 07503, USA
Received 27 February 2013; Accepted 19 March 2013
Academic Editors: N.-C. Chiu, S. M. Dehghani, M. Ehlayel, D. Fischer, B. Resch, A. Spalice, and P. Visrutaratna
Copyright © 2013 Dongning Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Petri, “Infection in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 423–456, 1998.
- D. D. Gladman, F. Hussain, D. Ibañez, and M. B. Urowitz, “The nature and outcome of infection in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 234–239, 2002.
- T. H. Skoff, M. M. Farley, S. Petit et al., “Increasing burden of invasive group B Streptococcal disease in nonpregnant adults, 1990–2007,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 85–92, 2009.
- B. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, S. J. Kim et al., “An unusual complication of systemic lupus erythematosus: bacterial meningitis caused by streptococcus agalactiae,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1274–1275, 2007.
- R. M. Bannatyne, G. Stringel, and J. S. Simpson, “Spontaneous peritonitis due to group B streptococci,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 442–443, 1979.
- S. Hasham, P. Matteucci, P. R. W. Stanley, and N. B. Hart, “Necrotising fasciitis,” British Medical Journal, vol. 330, no. 7495, pp. 830–833, 2005.
- P. Sendi, L. Johansson, and A. Norrby-Teglund, “Invasive group B Streptococcal disease in non-pregnant adults: a review with emphasis on skin and soft-tissue infections,” Infection, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 100–111, 2008.
- R. Karunakaran, N. S. Raja, A. Hafeez, and S. D. Puthucheary, “Group B streptococcus infection: epidemiology, serotypes, and antimicrobial susceptibility of selected isolates in the population beyond infancy (excluding females with genital tract- and pregnancy-related isolates) at the University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur,” Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 192–194, 2009.
- C. R. Phares, R. Lynfield, M. M. Farley et al., “Epidemiology of invasive group B Streptococcal disease in the United States, 1999–2005,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 299, no. 17, pp. 2056–2065, 2008.
- D. F. Battafarano, N. J. Battafarano, L. Larsen, et al., “Antigen-specific antibody responses in lupus patients following immunization,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1828–1834, 1998.