- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Psychiatry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 625954, 2 pages
Quetiapine-Associated Pancreatitis in a Geriatric Critical Care Patient with Delirium
1Department of Internal Medicine, General Hospital of Volos, Dafnis 1, 38222 Volos, Greece
2ICU, General State Hospital of Athens, 38222 Athens, Greece
Received 9 January 2012; Accepted 19 February 2012
Academic Editors: Y. Kaneda and J. Saiz-Ruiz
Copyright © 2012 Evangelos Potolidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Devlin, R. J. Roberts, J. J. Fong et al., “Efficacy and safety of quetiapine in critically ill patients with delirium: a prospective, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 419–427, 2010.
- E. A. Koller, J. T. Cross, P. M. Doraiswamy, and S. N. Malozowski, “Pancreatitis associated with atypical antipsychotics: from the Food and Drug Administration's MedWatch surveillance system and published reports,” Pharmacotherapy, vol. 23, no. 9 I, pp. 1123–1130, 2003.
- J. Rashid, P. J. Starer, and S. Javaid, “Pancreatitis and diabetic ketoacidosis with quetiapine use,” Psychiatry, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 34–37, 2009.
- T. I. Ala-Kokko, N. Tieranta, J. Laurila, and H. Syrjälä, “Determinants of ICU mortality in necrotizing pancreatitis: the influence of Staphylococcus epidermidis,” Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 853–857, 2001.
- American Diabetes Association, American Psychiatric Association, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and North American Association for the Study of Obesity, “Consensus Development Conference on Antipsychotic Drugs and Obesity and Diabetes,” Diabetes Care, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 596–601, 2004.