Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 323584, 4 pages
Malignant Rhabdoid Tumor of the Lung in the Young Adult: A Case Report
1Pulmonology Department, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Damman 31444, Saudi Arabia
2Pathology Department, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Damman 31444, Saudi Arabia
Received 14 June 2011; Accepted 3 August 2011
Academic Editors: F. L. Fimognari, T. Kawashima, and S. A. McGrath-Morrow
Copyright © 2011 Adel Attia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. E. Haas, N. F. Palmer, A. G. Weinberg, and J. B. Beckwith, “Ultrastructure of malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney. A distinctive renal tumor of children,” Human Pathology, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 646–657, 1981.
- C. W. M. Roberts and J. A. Biegel, “The role of SMARCB1/INI1 in development of rhabdoid tumor,” Cancer Biology and Therapy, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 412–416, 2009.
- J. B. Beckwith and N. F. Palmer, “Histopathology and prognosis of Wilms tumor. Results from the first national Wilms' tumor study,” Cancer, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1937–1948, 1978.
- T. Yuri, N. Danbara, N. Shikata et al., “Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the liver: case report and literature review,” Pathology International, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 623–629, 2004.
- M. Amrikachi, J. Y. Ro, N. G. Ordonez, and A. G. Ayala, “Adenocarcinomas of the gastrointestinal tract with prominent rhabdoid features,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 357–363, 2002.
- S. Ogino, T. Y. Ro, and R. W. Redline, “Malignant rhabdoid tumor: a phenotype? An entity? A controversy revisited,” Advances in Anatomic Pathology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 181–190, 2000.
- Y. Chen, S. M. Jung, and T. C. Chao, “Malignant rhabdoid tumor of the small intestine in an adult: a case report with immunohistochemical and ultrastructural findings,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 975–979, 1998.