Case Reports in Pulmonology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 430141, 3 pages
Bortezomib-Induced Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia
1Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren University Hospital, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King, 87000 Limoges, France
2Department of Pulmonology, Dupuytren University Hospital, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King, 87000 Limoges, France
3Department of Pathology, Dupuytren University Hospital, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King, 87000 Limoges, France
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 27 September 2012
Academic Editors: G. Hillerdal, M. Takao, and K. Watanabe
Copyright © 2012 E. Vandeix et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Miyakoshi, M. Kami, K. Yuji et al., “Severe pulmonary complications in Japanese patients after bortezomib treatment for refractory multiple myeloma,” Blood, vol. 107, no. 9, pp. 3492–3494, 2006.
- X. Dun, Z. Yuan, W. Fu, C. Zhang, and J. Hou, “Severe pulmonary complications after bortezomib treatment in multiple myeloma,” Hematological Oncology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 49–52, 2010.
- P. Zappasodi, R. Dore, C. Castagnola et al., “Rapid response to high-dose steroids of severe bortezomib-related pulmonary complication in multiple myeloma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 22, pp. 3380–3381, 2007.
- W. Kang, J. S. Kim, S. H. Cho, S. K. Kim, J. Chang, and M. S. Park, “Nonspecific interstitial pneumonitis after bortezomib and thalidomide treatment in a multiple myeloma patient,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 448–450, 2010.
- J. E. Boyer, R. B. Batra, J. L. Ascensao, and G. P. Schechter, “Severe pulmonary complication after bortezomib treatment for multiple myeloma,” Blood, vol. 108, no. 3, p. 1113, 2006.
- X. Zhou, C. Sun, J. Wang, J. Mao, and H. Guo, “Rapid fatal pulmonary complications in a Chinese patient after bortezomib treatment for ALK-negative anaplastic large-cell lymphoma,” Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 152–154, 2010.
- A. Gotoh, K. Ohyashiki, K. Oshimi et al., “Lung injury associated with bortezomib therapy in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma in Japan: a questionnaire-based report from the “lung injury by bortezomib” joint committee of the Japanese Society of Hematology and the Japanese Society of Clinical Hematology,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 406–412, 2006.
- H. Narimatsu, A. Hori, T. Matsumura et al., “Cooperative relationship between pharmaceutical companies, academia, and media explains sharp decrease in frequency of pulmonary complications after bortezomib in Japan,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 35, pp. 5820–5823, 2008.
- C. H. Weiss, G. R. S. Budinger, G. M. Mutlu, and M. Jain, “Proteasomal regulation of pulmonary fibrosis,” Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 77–83, 2010.
- G. Goucher, V. Rowland, and J. Hawkins, “Melphalan-induced pulmonary interstitial fibrosis,” Chest, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 805–806, 1980.
- V. Buxhofer-Ausch, R. Ruckser, P. Kier et al., “A rare case of interstitial pneumonitis after tandem high-dose melphalan conditioning and autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 2004.
- H. J. Baumann, S. Kluge, L. Balke et al., “Yield and safety of bedside open lung biopsy in mechanically ventilated patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome,” Surgery, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 426–433, 2008.